RC-1 Channel

Old July 31st 18, 12:58 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default RC-1 Channel

I am remodeling my basement studio with 2 rooms separated with a 2x4 wood wall. A building contractor suggested I use the RC-1 Channel product between the studs and sheetrock to reduce sound transmission between the rooms. I intend to use a rock wool insulation to fill the space between the studs.

Any opinions on this product? Thank you.

Gary V
Old July 31st 18, 02:34 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

> wrote:
>I am remodeling my basement studio with 2 rooms separated with a 2x4 wood w=
>all. A building contractor suggested I use the RC-1 Channel product between=
> the studs and sheetrock to reduce sound transmission between the rooms. I =
>intend to use a rock wool insulation to fill the space between the studs.=
>=20
>
>Any opinions on this product? Thank you.

Resilient channel works very well for isolating sections of a room, but it's
not an instant cure and you have to work out exactly what you want to isolate
carefully. There is no sense in isolating a wall but then allowing the floor
to couple to the wall on the other side.

I would bet that the F. Alton Everest book on small studio acoustics has a
section about reslient channel.