Mark D. Zacharias

Default 60 hz cassette deck on 50hz power?

Unless it's a real old model, the voltage conversion will be sufficient. Any
model using a DC motor will be unafected by the line frequency.

Mark Z.

"arthur wouk" wrote in message
my daughter wants to use a 60hz 110v audio cassette deck in new
zealand which has 220v, 50hz power. a tranformer can handle the
voltage reduction, but will the frequency change cause any problem to
the motor drives in the cassette deck?

i believe that the actual motor drives are dc, but the speed may be
determined from the 110 ac frequency i think. any guidance?
--
getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence
- jules feifer

Arny Krueger

"arthur wouk" wrote in message

my daughter wants to use a 60hz 110v audio cassette deck in new
zealand which has 220v, 50hz power. a tranformer can handle the
voltage reduction, but will the frequency change cause any problem to
the motor drives in the cassette deck?

i believe that the actual motor drives are dc, but the speed may be
determined from the 110 ac frequency i think. any guidance?

The speed of a cassette deck is generally NOT determined from the power
line.