Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

Default I think I saw McElroy tonight

So here I am having a great time in Austin. I go to a place called
"The Hole in the Wall" near UTA. There's a band called Adrian's
(something or other) tearing it up. It's an all-woman post-punk band
and Adrian (the lead guitarist) can play. She's wailing through an SG
into a Marshall half-stack.

I look over and there's a guy with long grey hair shaking his head to
the music. I'm sure it's Stephen.

Or was he the guy with the close-cropped black hair hitting on the
bartender Jillian?

It's hard to say.

Anyway, it was a great band and a fun night.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

So here I am having a great time in Austin. I go to a place called
"The Hole in the Wall" near UTA. There's a band called Adrian's
(something or other) tearing it up. It's an all-woman post-punk band
and Adrian (the lead guitarist) can play. She's wailing through an SG
into a Marshall half-stack.

I look over and there's a guy with long grey hair shaking his head to
the music. I'm sure it's Stephen.

Or was he the guy with the close-cropped black hair hitting on the
bartender Jillian?

It's hard to say.

Anyway, it was a great band and a fun night.

I'd have been at the Two Hoots and a Holler reunion at Ruta Maya or
seeing my stereo guy play at the Continental Club but I was driving
around south Austin instead.

The long grey hair sounds closer to the mark, BTW.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 28, 8:27*am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,
[...]

I've been to Rutamaya and the Continental Club in the last week.
Wonder if we crossed paths and didn't know it?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 28, 3:58*pm, Boon wrote:
[...]

If Stephen didn't meet you he certainly didn't miss you.

Note to self: take poison before ever agreeing to meet Boon again.

Note to Boon: a phono cartridge costing $1 more does not necessarily
sound better.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

[...]

More likely we've driven past each other on 1626 or south MoPac. My
downtown visits are rare at this time of year due to school gigs.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 29, 6:23*am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
[...]

I'm on 1626 all the time. I'm rarely on Mopac. As far as Austin goes,
if it's on Lamar, Guadalupe or Congress, I know where it is. It gets
sketchy after that.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 29, 3:52*am, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 28, 3:58*pm, Boon wrote:

[...]

You know less about audio than 2pid. And that's really bad.

After meeting you, I almost want to apologize to 2pid for choosing my
friends so poorly. Almost.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

More likely we've driven past each other on 1626 or south MoPac. My
downtown visits are rare at this time of year due to school gigs.

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen, for admitting that you're little more than an
educational elite musician who sometimes gets paid by a CHURCH, of all
things. Like that's real music making!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

*Boon wrote:
[...]

I can't think of anywhere else you would need to know about. Austin is a
weird relativistic place where one can easily travel north/south but
east/west is problematic.

'cept you need to know Riverside Drive if you've got a buzz in your shoe.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

et.fi,
Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

More likely we've driven past each other on 1626 or south MoPac. My
downtown visits are rare at this time of year due to school gigs.

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen, for admitting that you're little more than an
educational elite musician who sometimes gets paid by a CHURCH, of all
things. Like that's real music making!

And I don't even have a choir!

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

On May 29, 11:44*am, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

More likely we've driven past each other on 1626 or south MoPac. My
downtown visits are rare at this time of year due to school gigs.

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen, for admitting that you're little more than an
educational elite musician who sometimes gets paid by a CHURCH, of all
things. *Like that's real music making!

If Stephen is anything like Boon it's worse than that.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 30, 2:31*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 29, 11:44*am, Jenn wrote:

In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

More likely we've driven past each other on 1626 or south MoPac. My
downtown visits are rare at this time of year due to school gigs.

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen, for admitting that you're little more than an
educational elite musician who sometimes gets paid by a CHURCH, of all
things. *Like that's real music making!

If Stephen is anything like Boon it's worse than that.

I think you spent too much time in Minnesota, all snowed in. Here in
Texas, we enjoy life a little more.

We also know it's not cool to spill and drink on a woman's dress and
then say, "Take it off, and I'll fix everything."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 30, 7:38*pm, Boon wrote:
On May 30, 2:31*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On May 29, 11:44*am, Jenn wrote:

In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

More likely we've driven past each other on 1626 or south MoPac. My
downtown visits are rare at this time of year due to school gigs.

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen, for admitting that you're little more than an
educational elite musician who sometimes gets paid by a CHURCH, of all
things. *Like that's real music making!

If Stephen is anything like Boon it's worse than that.

I think you spent too much time in Minnesota, all snowed in. Here in
Texas, we enjoy life a little more.

We also know it's not cool to spill and drink on a woman's dress and
then say, "Take it off, and I'll fix everything."

Then why did she laugh so hard and offer to meet me in the women's
room?

No wonder you can't ever meet women. You have no sense of humor.

I'd post more but I have a 30 Hz honk to clear up.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 30, 9:40*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 30, 7:38*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 30, 2:31*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On May 29, 11:44*am, Jenn wrote:

In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

More likely we've driven past each other on 1626 or south MoPac. My
downtown visits are rare at this time of year due to school gigs.

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen, for admitting that you're little more than an
educational elite musician who sometimes gets paid by a CHURCH, of all
things. *Like that's real music making!

If Stephen is anything like Boon it's worse than that.

I think you spent too much time in Minnesota, all snowed in. Here in
Texas, we enjoy life a little more.

We also know it's not cool to spill and drink on a woman's dress and
then say, "Take it off, and I'll fix everything."

Then why did she laugh so hard and offer to meet me in the women's
room?

Nervous laughter. And your claim that she offered to meet you in the
ladies' room is a useless Usenet claim. I saw different.

No wonder you can't ever meet women. You have no sense of humor.

That's your idea of humor? And I'm not trying to meet women right
now...my life is already too complicated in that department. That's
why I didn't respond to your continuous offers to "go out and get some
'tang."

I'd post more but I have a 30 Hz honk to clear up.

An alignment protractor will do wonders. Of course, I had to explain
what one was to you, didn't I.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On May 30, 7:38*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 30, 2:31*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On May 29, 11:44*am, Jenn wrote:

In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

[...]

There are many types of alignment. Of course, Alignment is the
adjustment of an object in relation with other objects, or a static
orientation of some object or set of objects in relation to others.

An alignment of megaliths: see stone row.
An alignment (archaeology) in archaeology is a secondary or
circumstantial form of evidence used to associate features such as
postholes
Alignment (role-playing games) refers to the moral and ethical
perspective of the player characters, non-player characters, monsters,
and societies in the game.
This meaning applies in particular to alignment in the Dungeons &
Dragons role-playing game.
It has a more specific meaning in some disciplines:

Business/IT alignment, Business/IT alignment optimizes the relational
mechanisms between the business and IT organization by working on the
IT effectiveness of the organization in order to maximise the business
value from IT.
Strategic alignment refers to business structure and information
technology fit in relation to business strategy and external
environment. When alignment is attained firm gains competitive
advantage and increase performance. Strategic information systems
belong in this category.
Typographic alignment, in typesetting, lines of text or images can be
aligned left, right, centered or justified.
Sequence alignment shows similarities between protein or nucleic acid
sequences (also in bioinformatics).
Structural alignment presents similarities in 3D structure of protein
molecules.
Wheel alignment in an automobile means adjustment of the camber,
castor, and/or toe to improve performance and maintain proper tire
wear characteristics of the car
Data structure alignment, in computer programming, refers to arranging
data in memory
Parallel text alignment, in artificial intelligence or natural
language processing
Ontology alignment, in heterogeneous knowledge bases, the expression
of the correspondences between two ontologies is called ontology
alignment
Body alignment, in sport and dance, the proper placement of the bones
so that the muscles do less work
Morphosyntactic alignment, in linguistics, the properties determining
the grammatical relationship between verbal arguments of various
kinds
Fibre alignment, in optoelectronics, to connect two Optical fibers to
each other
Shaft alignment, in mechanical engineering, to adjust two coupled
rotating machines
Planetary alignment, another term for Syzygy in astronomy (see also
Conjunction)
Road alignment, describing a particular path taken by a numbered route
at a particular time.
Other fields where the term "alignment" has a particular meaning:

Ley line, an interpretation of an alignment of a number of places of
geographical interest, such as ancient megaliths.
In integrated circuit fabrication, alignment is the step in a
photolithographic process in which a mask used to pattern a layer of
the circuit is registered in its x-y position with respect to the
wafer (usually silicon) on which the circuit is being formed.
In human language translation, alignment refers to matching source
language and target language segments after segmentation has been
performed a source text and its matching target language translation.
This is done for the purpose of creating a translation memory. Most
computer-aided translation tools with translation memory have
alignment modules.
The Alignment was also a political party in Israel from 1965 to 1992.

((I note that that party is no longr around in Israel due to the
efforts of VDare. Shhhh!))

Now protractors have several variations. In geometry, a protractor is
a circular or semicircular tool for measuring an angle or a circle.
The units of measurement utilized are usually degrees.

Some protractors are simple half-discs; these have existed since
ancient times. More advanced protractors, such as the Bevel Protractor
have one or two swinging arms, which can be used to help measure the
angle.

Bevel protractor
A bevel protractor is a graduated circular protractor having a pivoted
arm; used for measuring or marking off angles. Sometimes vernier
scales are attached to give more precise readings. It has wide
application in architectural and mechanical drawing although with the
availability of modern drawing software or CAD the tool is less
commonly used in that sphere.

Universal bevel protractors are also used by toolmakers, as they
measure angles by mechanical contact they are classed as mechanical
protractors.

If you were at all technical you would know this without my having to
tell you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

wrote:
On May 30, 7:38*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 30, 2:31*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On May 29, 11:44*am, Jenn wrote:

In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

[...]

Tell me if this sounds familiar:

"I can only read the first sentence or two before I give up."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On May 30, 7:38*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 30, 2:31*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On May 29, 11:44*am, Jenn wrote:

In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

[...]

I knew that was a waste of good information.

As Dorothy Parker once said, "You can lead a horticulture but you
can't make [him] think."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly jived:

As Dorothy Parker once said, "You can lead a horticulture but you can't make
[him] think."

Dorothy also said: "That [Jilly] speaks eighteen languages, and can't say 'No'
in any of them."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

wrote:
On May 30, 7:38*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 30, 2:31*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On May 29, 11:44*am, Jenn wrote:

In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

[...]