Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Jeff[_9_] Jeff[_9_] is offline

Default FA: Kenwood Eleven II Super Receiver

I have a fabulous example of the Kenwood Model Eleven II monster
receiver for auction on eBay.

The URL with 12 pictures is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330665511783

and the description reads

Back when men were men and stereo quality was measured by weight, this
41 pound beauty was the flagship of the Kenwood line. This is a
beautiful example of the Kenwood Eleven II monster receiver. Measures
23 x 13 1/2 x 8 inches. I bought this new in the 70's and have taken
good care of it through the years; it is in excellent working
condition and the case is in good shape with some minor damage: a
penny-sized gouge out of the top and a similar spot on one side, some
scratches into the surface varnish (see pictures). No serious damage
and a furniture-repair shop could fix the surface blemishes for a
nominal fee. Overall I would rate it 8.5 out of 10. The front panel is
"near mint" and the dial is clear and scratch-free. From non-smoking
household.

A couple of the front lights are out (indicators for Phono 2 and mic
inputs, lamp for right line level meter) but they look to be easy to
replace. The "timer" function broke some time ago (the plastic shaft
between the timer and front-panel knob broke) and I fixed it, but I'm
not sure how long the fix would last so I didn't use it again. It may
hold or break again so be advised. You really don't need the timer for
normal operation of the receiver.

Closes Sunday 1/8/12.

Thank you.