Impulse responce

Old September 6th 20, 09:29 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl[_2_]

Default Impulse responce

Playing around with importing impulse response files into a convolution reverb. They want to be split stereo .wav files. My files are .aiff files. What will convert .aiff files to split stereo .wav files?
Old September 6th 20, 10:12 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 7/09/2020 8:29 am, cedricl wrote:
> Playing around with importing impulse response files into a convolution reverb. They want to be split stereo .wav files. My files are .aiff files. What will convert .aiff files to split stereo .wav files?

Sound Forge will on Windows, as will most other audio editors and DAWs.

Presumably the same in MacWorld, unless Apple is in denial of WAV .....

Old September 6th 20, 10:19 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

cedricl > wrote:
>Playing around with importing impulse response files into a convolution reverb. They want to be split stereo .wav files. My files are .aiff files. What will convert .aiff files to split stereo .wav files?

If you don't have sox installed, install it. It makes life MUCH easier for
doing small conversion tasks like this.
Old September 7th 20, 12:09 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl[_2_]

On Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 2:13:03 PM UTC-7, geoff wrote:
> On 7/09/2020 8:29 am, cedricl wrote:
> > Playing around with importing impulse response files into a convolution reverb. They want to be split stereo .wav files. My files are .aiff files. What will convert .aiff files to split stereo .wav files?
> >

> Sound Forge will on Windows, as will most other audio editors and DAWs.
>
> Presumably the same in MacWorld, unless Apple is in denial of WAV .....
>
> geoff

I'm on a Mac. I can convert to .wav just not "songL.wav" and "songR.wav."
Old September 7th 20, 12:10 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl[_2_]

On Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 2:19:36 PM UTC-7, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> cedricl wrote:
> >Playing around with importing impulse response files into a convolution reverb. They want to be split stereo .wav files. My files are .aiff files. What will convert .aiff files to split stereo .wav files?

> If you don't have sox installed, install it. It makes life MUCH easier for
> doing small conversion tasks like this.
> --scott
> --

I'll look for sox. Is it a Mac app too? Thanks.
Old September 7th 20, 12:22 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 7/09/2020 11:09 am, cedricl wrote:
> On Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 2:13:03 PM UTC-7, geoff wrote:
>> On 7/09/2020 8:29 am, cedricl wrote:
>>> Playing around with importing impulse response files into a convolution reverb. They want to be split stereo .wav files. My files are .aiff files. What will convert .aiff files to split stereo .wav files?
>>>

>> Sound Forge will on Windows, as will most other audio editors and DAWs.
>>
>> Presumably the same in MacWorld, unless Apple is in denial of WAV .....
>>
>> geoff

> I'm on a Mac. I can convert to .wav just not "songL.wav" and "songR.wav."

If not to save directly to separated L&R files, surely whatever app you
are using the conv.reverb in can easily select one channel and copy to a
new channel/file/ event, save it, and then the same with the other channel ?

Or is this for an app that just uses the reverb and has no basic
editing functions ?

Old September 7th 20, 12:35 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl[_2_]

Old September 7th 20, 12:38 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl[_2_]

On Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 4:22:30 PM UTC-7, geoff wrote:
> On 7/09/2020 11:09 am, cedricl wrote:
> >>>
> >> Sound Forge will on Windows, as will most other audio editors and DAWs.
> >>
> >> Presumably the same in MacWorld, unless Apple is in denial of WAV .....
> >>
> >> geoff

> > I'm on a Mac. I can convert to .wav just not "songL.wav" and "songR.wav."
> >

> If not to save directly to separated L&R files, surely whatever app you
> are using the conv.reverb in can easily select one channel and copy to a
> new channel/file/ event, save it, and then the same with the other channel ?
>

> Or is this for an app that just uses the reverb and has no basic
> editing functions ?
>
> geoff

I trying to load impulse response files into Waves IR1. I get a message that says it wants to see two separate .wav files.
Old September 7th 20, 12:40 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl[_2_]

On Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 2:19:36 PM UTC-7, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> cedricl wrote:
> >Playing around with importing impulse response files into a convolution reverb. They want to be split stereo .wav files. My files are .aiff files. What will convert .aiff files to split stereo .wav files?

> If you don't have sox installed, install it. It makes life MUCH easier for
> doing small conversion tasks like this.
> --scott
> --

Maybe I won't use sox. I'm pretty good with your basic DAW. Wasn't looking at learning command line language for converting audio.
Old September 7th 20, 03:18 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 7/09/2020 11:38 am, cedricl wrote:
> On Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 4:22:30 PM UTC-7, geoff wrote:

>>> I'm on a Mac. I can convert to .wav just not "songL.wav" and "songR.wav."
>>>

>> If not to save directly to separated L&R files, surely whatever app you
>> are using the conv.reverb in can easily select one channel and copy to a
>> new channel/file/ event, save it, and then the same with the other channel ?
>>

>> Or is this for an app that just uses the reverb and has no basic
>> editing functions ?
>>
>> geoff

> I trying to load impulse response files into Waves IR1. I get a message that says it wants to see two separate .wav files.

If you are using Waves IR1 plugin, presumably you have a DAW or audio
editor application hosting it. Creating two separate (L & R) mono files
from a stereo file should be a trivial exercise in even the lamest of
audio apps. Just a click to select the channel, a drag to a new
track/file, and a Save As for each. Should take about 20 seconds.

No need to go back to the Dark Ages by firing up a command line,
finding the correct syntax, and typing the relatively cryptic commands
into it.

What is your host application ?

Impulse Removal Daily Planet Studios Pro Audio 4 January 24th 05 11:06 PM
Frequency Responce HDCD vs SACD vs DVDA Orville Phillips High End Audio 10 May 13th 04 03:06 AM
KICKER I5.2 impulse component set Rob K. Marketplace 4 November 8th 03 11:18 PM
L2 bass responce ron caser Pro Audio 8 August 18th 03 08:54 AM
What do I need to measure the frequency responce of my speakers? HONG KONGer Audio Opinions 8 August 2nd 03 08:41 PM