macos Catalina

Old September 6th 20, 04:24 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl[_2_]

Default macos Catalina

Has anyone had any issues updating their Mac OS to Catalina? I've been holding out.
Old September 6th 20, 02:47 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

cedricl > wrote:
>Has anyone had any issues updating their Mac OS to Catalina? I've been holding out.

So far the only real problem has been dropping support for 32-bit
applications. I have had to update the Eagle PC board layout program
and I need to figure out how to update Boom Recorder. Everything else
has been okay.

There is a new security feature where applications get restricted disk
access... you have to go into the control panel under security and make
sure terminal and /bin/bash have "full disk access" in order to be able
to use the shell like normal, but once that is done it appears to be
seamless.
Old September 6th 20, 09:25 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl[_2_]

On Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 6:47:14 AM UTC-7, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> cedricl wrote:
> >Has anyone had any issues updating their Mac OS to Catalina? I've been holding out.

> So far the only real problem has been dropping support for 32-bit
> applications. I have had to update the Eagle PC board layout program
> and I need to figure out how to update Boom Recorder. Everything else
> has been okay.
>
> There is a new security feature where applications get restricted disk
> access... you have to go into the control panel under security and make
> sure terminal and /bin/bash have "full disk access" in order to be able
> to use the shell like normal, but once that is done it appears to be
> seamless.
> --scott
> --

Thanks for the info!