Anything you think was consistently done better in the past in thepro/commercial recording world than how it's done today?

Old August 29th 20, 01:26 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill[_5_]

Default Anything you think was consistently done better in the past inthe pro/commercial recording world than how it's done today?

Trevor wrote:
> On 28/08/2020 3:12 am, Don Pearce wrote:
>> On 27 Aug 2020 15:16:26 -0000, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>>
>>> Hell, just about any time any actress sang in a Hollywood movie, her
>>> voice was replaced with Marni Nixon's.

>> And any time any guitarist played on a British pop record, it was
>> actually Jimmy Page.

> HaHa. But don't think he ever played on a Beatles record. Or a Rolling
> Stones, or Who, or Pink Floyd, or......

He played on at least one Who record.

--
Les Cargill

Old August 29th 20, 01:27 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill[_5_]

Don Pearce wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2020 15:16:26 -0000, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
>> Hell, just about any time any actress sang in a Hollywood movie, her
>> voice was replaced with Marni Nixon's.

> And any time any guitarist played on a British pop record, it was
> actually Jimmy Page.

When it wasn't Big Jim Sullivan.

--
Les Cargill
Old August 29th 20, 08:34 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor

On 28/08/2020 5:14 pm, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 16:56:45 +1000, Trevor > wrote:

>>> And any time any guitarist played on a British pop record, it was
>>> actually Jimmy Page.

>> HaHa. But don't think he ever played on a Beatles record. Or a Rolling
>> Stones, or Who, or Pink Floyd, or......
>>

> They were rock, not pop.

Didn't come much more popular than the Beatles! :-)

Old August 29th 20, 11:16 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce[_3_]

On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 17:34:34 +1000, Trevor > wrote:

>On 28/08/2020 5:14 pm, Don Pearce wrote:

>>> HaHa. But don't think he ever played on a Beatles record. Or a Rolling
>>> Stones, or Who, or Pink Floyd, or......
>>>

>> They were rock, not pop.

>Didn't come much more popular than the Beatles! :-)

Another use of the word.... But you knew that

Old August 29th 20, 03:35 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Don Pearce > wrote:
>On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 17:34:34 +1000, Trevor > wrote:
>>On 28/08/2020 5:14 pm, Don Pearce wrote:
>>>
>>> They were rock, not pop.

>>Didn't come much more popular than the Beatles! :-)
>>

>Another use of the word.... But you knew that

The Beatles... they were a phenomenon unto themselves. They weren't rock,
they weren't pop, they weren't blues, they were all three at the same time
but really they weren't anything but the Beatles. I fear we shall not see
their like again.

My father said they destroyed American music and they certainly transformed it.

Old August 29th 20, 05:14 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >, polymod > wrote:

>Absolutely. Page was called "Little Jim Sullivan" as Big Jim was the go to
>guy.
>And my biggest reason to watch the Tom Jones Show. Other than Mr. Jones of
>course.

It's not unusual...

Old August 29th 20, 09:09 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tatonik

On 8/29/20 9:35 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> The Beatles... they were a phenomenon unto themselves. They weren't rock,
> they weren't pop, they weren't blues, they were all three at the same time
> but really they weren't anything but the Beatles. I fear we shall not see
> their like again.
>
> My father said they destroyed American music and they certainly transformed it.
> --scott

My great-uncle said the Beatles were part of a Communist plot, though to
put this in context, he said the same of fluoridated water and a number
of other things.

Old August 30th 20, 08:07 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce[_3_]

On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 15:09:35 -0500, Tatonik
> wrote:

>On 8/29/20 9:35 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> The Beatles... they were a phenomenon unto themselves. They weren't rock,
>> they weren't pop, they weren't blues, they were all three at the same time
>> but really they weren't anything but the Beatles. I fear we shall not see
>> their like again.
>>
>> My father said they destroyed American music and they certainly transformed it.
>> --scott

>My great-uncle said the Beatles were part of a Communist plot, though to
>put this in context, he said the same of fluoridated water and a number
>of other things.

Ah, the "reds under the bed" mob. That was a dark period in US history
that still lingers in the oath of allegiance. Time the real version
was restored.