Adversity inspires genius ?

Old September 15th 20, 02:50 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

Default Adversity inspires genius ?

** Hi to all,

lack of live venue availability has boosted home recording activity this year.

While not exactly "Live to U-tube", this effort is on another level from most.

Watch the finished product first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU

Then hear the tech details from the bass player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x5o-JtMS5k

Nothing was simple about how they did it.

The song is "Roundabout" by Yes, so they picked a real easy one - right ?

..... Phil

Old September 15th 20, 06:07 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

** Hi to all,

lack of live venue availability has boosted home recording activity this
year.

While not exactly "Live to U-tube", this effort is on another level from
most.

Watch the finished product first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU

Then hear the tech details from the bass player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x5o-JtMS5k

Nothing was simple about how they did it.

The song is "Roundabout" by Yes, so they picked a real easy one - right ?

I really dug that. Bass player has the "growl" down. Marvelous!
As a keyboardist that still uses all the classics, I would have liked the
keyboard parts much better if they were more authentic. Close....but no
cigar!
Other than that they smoked the sh*t out of this!

Poly

Old September 15th 20, 10:57 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 16/09/2020 1:50 am, Phil Allison wrote:

> ** Hi to all,
>

> lack of live venue availability has boosted home recording activity this year.
>
> While not exactly "Live to U-tube", this effort is on another level from most.
>
> Watch the finished product first:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU
>
> Then hear the tech details from the bass player.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x5o-JtMS5k
>
> Nothing was simple about how they did it.
>
> The song is "Roundabout" by Yes, so they picked a real easy one - right ?
>

> .... Phil

Well it is largely by Ritchie Castellano who did the BoRap and Abbey
Road things.

All done in (Sony at the time, I think) Vegas Pro. A must-see for
anybody interested in music, recording, and video.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20673564/ (Only low-res - Youtube
blocks the full-res version).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iiy_YfpVn0

she may grant nasty breeds on to the definite determined arena, whilst Ali accurately inspires them too Ghassan Mustapha Al Huseiny Car Audio 0 December 29th 07 08:45 PM
My Cat Is A Genius... AR Car Audio 0 December 25th 07 09:08 PM
Genius required Mat Car Audio 6 March 9th 05 02:42 AM
M. McKelvy, a self proclamed "genius" Lionel Audio Opinions 0 October 30th 04 06:19 PM
Genius OR idiot? Acoustics Mike Pro Audio 42 May 31st 04 08:45 AM