akai mg1214 12-track

Old July 29th 17, 09:35 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default akai mg1214 12-track

On Wednesday, July 15, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, leites chiong wrote:
> hi. i just bought an akai mg 1214 and was wondering if anyone had any
> information on
> it. i was also wondering if anyone knows what year they came out and
> how much they were going for. "eleven shadows" told me it retailed for
> $9000, but it seemed a little too good to be true since i got it in
> perfect condition for $399.99
> Thanx
> sundowners

Hey ya'll. Does anyone have a working machine I can mix down a couple songs on? I have a few old tapes I need to mix. I can pay for the time. I am in the OC here in Calif. Thanks!
Old July 29th 17, 10:03 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]

On 7/29/2017 4:35 PM, wrote:
> Does anyone have a working machine I can mix down a couple songs on?

Try e-mailing Ken Lee at
http://www.elevenshadows.com/ He used one for
many years, and while I doubt that he's still using it, he may still
have it. He's in the LA area.

Old September 3rd 20, 09:03 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
patrick simms

On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 2:27:00 PM UTC-7, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
> >On Wednesday, July 15, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, leites chiong wrote:
> >> hi. i just bought an akai mg 1214 and was wondering if anyone had any
> >> information on
> >> it. i was also wondering if anyone knows what year they came out and
> >> how much they were going for. "eleven shadows" told me it retailed for
> >> $9000, but it seemed a little too good to be true since i got it in
> >> perfect condition for $399.99
> >> Thanx
> >> sundowners

> >Hey ya'll. Does anyone have a working machine I can mix down a couple songs on? I have a few old tapes I need to mix. I can pay for the time. I am in the OC here in Calif. Thanks!

> Try Sonicraft, I believe they may have a running machine and can do a
> digital transfer for you. They aren't cheap but they do good work.
> --scott
>
> --

Just an update since 2017.
Still have 2 working MG14Ds, and a MG1214 if anybody is in need of tape transfers.
Patrick Simms