How consistent are studio monitors of the same make and model?

Old July 23rd 20, 10:43 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default How consistent are studio monitors of the same make and model?

geoff > wrote:

>And they (and others) still leech off the concept by repeating or
>emulating the cunning plan of the distinctive white bass drivers, made
>highly visible in photos from many studio control rooms - most of those
>buying them thinking that they were there because they sounded so GOOD !

Compared with some of the soffit-mounted monitoring systems of the day they
might have seemed like a step up too. I learned to mix on Altec 604s that
made the NS-10 top end seem tame and controlled.

My god, how much better things are now.

Old July 25th 20, 03:20 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill[_5_]

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >, Trevor > wrote:

>>> We got ours free from the Yamaha rep.

>> Yeah, but some people actually paid for them. :-)

> That totally floored me at the time, and I guess it still kind of does.
> --scott

There's a pair on Reverb.com with an asking price of $1000.

--
Les Cargill
Old July 25th 20, 07:15 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor

On 25/07/2020 12:20 pm, Les Cargill wrote:
> Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> In article >, TrevorĀ* >
>> wrote:

>>> Yeah, but some people actually paid for them. :-)

>> That totally floored me at the time, and I guess it still kind of does.
>> --scott
>>

> There's a pair on Reverb.com with an asking price of $1000.

HAHAHAHA. Funny thing is somebody will probably pay it. :-)