Jason Thiel

Default dvd and cable box to stereo

I want to hook up my dvd player and my cable box to my stereo via the
1/8 aux jack. The way I have it now is both machines go from rca to
1/8 Y cables. So I am left with two 1/8 jacks that when I want to
watch a dvd I have to unplug the cable box and plug in my dvd. I
tried using a 1/8 splittler but it makes the sound really quiet. Is
there a better way then switching cables all the time?

Thanks,
Jason.