Guitar Player

Default BEHRINGER VAMPIRE, Great !!! Nice Price

Hi
I just bought a BEHRINGER Vampire and I would like to share my
impressions:
The Behringer V-Ampire is brand new (released September 2003) and I've
only had it for a liitle over two weeks, but since there isn't any review
yet, I thought I'd share my thoughts anyway. I have been a very happy user
of the BEHRINGER V-Amp 2 for 1 1/2 years though, so getting started on the
BEHRINGER V-Ampire was very easy for me.

It's a modelling combo with 32 amp models and all the usual effects
(compressor, wah/auto-wah, chorus, phaser, flanger, rotary, delay,
reverb), so it's as versatile as an amp can get. My band plays
funk/soul covers, but I also play quite a bit of rock guitar, and the
BEHRINGER V-Ampire gives me all the sounds that I will need for the
songs we play.

One addtional effect that I would like to have is an acoustic
simulation (as in the BEHRINGER Bass V-Amp) because it might come in
handy live, and there isn't a harmoniser either, but neither is a
problem for me.

Thanks to the LEDs around the dials, any changes that are made to the
BEHRINGER V-Ampire's controls are become visible instantly - this is
as good or even better than motorised faders. Dialling in all kinds of
sounds is very intuitive and easy, but for full control over all
effects settings and combinations, it's necessary to connect the
BEHRINGER V-Ampire to a computer and use BEHRINGER'S (free) V-Amp
Design software.

The amp has several outputs, of which I find the balanced XLR-outputs
the most interesting. These have an optional analog speaker simulation
(BEHRINGER "Ultra-G") which can go directly to a soundboard, i.e. it's
not necessary to place a mic in front of the BEHRINGER V-Ampire when
playing live.

Even though it has only got one 12" speaker (Jensen JCH 12/70, 8
Ohms), the power amp is actually stereo, so it's possible to add
another cabinet to it, or even not use the internal speaker at all. I
haven't used the BEHRINGER V-Ampire with the band yet, but I'm pretty
sure that the built-in speaker will be loud enough for rehearsals or
small gigs - but then I don't play death metal. Wattage numbers
usually don't say that much but for the sake of completeness: Using
the built-in speaker the V-Ampire delivers 1x70W (8 Ohms), using
external cabinets (4 Ohms) it's 2x50W. My two main guitars are an
Ibanez RG-550 and a Fame Forum III (excellent PRS copy, with two
splittable humbuckers), and the BEHRINGER V-Ampire works well with
both of them.

The BEHRINGER V-Ampire is esssentially a BEHRINGER V-Amp 2/Pro with an
added power amp and speaker, so if you know either of these boxes, you
know what to expect from the BEHRINGER V-Ampire.

Of course I don't like all of the 32 models, but neither do I like all
"real" amps that are available. There are, however, *many* models that
suit my playing. For funk/soul I mostly use clean and mildly distorted
sounds, and the "Clean V-Amp", "Custom Clean", "Classic Clean" and
"Black Twin" models all work very well in this context. For soloing
and rock stuff I use high-gain sounds, and I particularly like the
"Ultimate V-Amp", "Modern Hi-Gain" and "Custom Hi-Gain" models.

In my opinion, most models respond very well to my playing, and
different guitars also sound different when played through the
BEHRINGER V-Ampire. The built-in speaker sounds open and direct and
transports the characteristics of the models well.

The built-in effects are just fine to my ears, although I wish that it
were possible to access all effects combinations without having to
have a computer nearby.

The analog speaker simulation on the XLR-outs does a good job of
making the BEHRINGER V-Ampire's sound availble to a PA. The point of
having an analog simulation is that the BEHRINGER V-Ampire already has
a guitar speaker, so that it doesn't make sense to send all signals
through a digital speaker simulation first (although this *can* be
done as well). Signals that go directly to the board, however, need a
speaker simulation, and for those the analog speaker emulation is
there. As I have said, I've only had the BEHRINGER V-Ampire for about
2 weeks, so I can't really say how reliable it is. It surely seems to
be rugged and roadworthy, but I'll have to do a few gigs with it
before I can further comment on this point. As far as backups are
concerned: Since I already have a BEHRINGER V-Amp 2, it's easy enough
for me to take a it with me as back-up and go directly into the
soundboard, should the BEHRINGER V-Ampire decide to stop working for
some reason.

Prior to buying the BEHRINGER V-Ampire, I have sent them several
e-mails and called them, and they have always been helpful and
friendly. Of course the real question is what happens if I need my
BEHRINGER V-Ampire repaired, and since that hasn't happened yet, I
can't comment. Warranty is two years, and I live in Germany, so
finding an authorised service center shouldn't be a problem. I have
been playing for 16 years, and I have tried quite a bit of equipment
in that time. One of my reasons for buying a BEHRINGER V-Ampire was
that it can deliver lots of usable sounds in one small packed, thus
saving me the hassle of lugging around and setting up the rack gear
that I had been using for the past couple of years.

I have looked at quite a number of modeling amps because I wanted
something versatile. I liked the Zentera and the Vetta, but both of
them are grossly overpriced in my opinion. The Vox Valvetronix (don't
remember which one) wasn't bad either, but I didn't find it nearly as
impressive as some people seem to do. One thing that I dislike about
most modelling amps (including ZenAmp and Flextones) is that looking
at the amp doesn't tell you anything about its settings, and the
BEHRINGER V-Ampire (as well as the BEHRINGER V-Amp 2/Pro) solves this
problem elagantly - and besides, all these red LEDs will look
impressive on stage. g

One thing that I haven't mentioned is price: The BEHRINGER V-Ampire
costs considerably less than most (if not all) other modelling amps.
Of course this wouldn't mean a thing if the sound wasn't there, but
since it is I would defnitely suggest taking a close look at the
BEHRINGERV-Ampire if you're shopping for a versatible and portable
amp.
Scott Dorsey

Guitar Player wrote:
I just bought a BEHRINGER Vampire and I would like to share my
impressions:
The Behringer V-Ampire is brand new (released September 2003) and I've
only had it for a liitle over two weeks, but since there isn't any review
yet, I thought I'd share my thoughts anyway. I have been a very happy user
of the BEHRINGER V-Amp 2 for 1 1/2 years though, so getting started on the
BEHRINGER V-Ampire was very easy for me.

Same originating address as the Behringer guitar amp ad earlier. Do you
somehow get the notion that someone at Behringer has just heard about
"viral marketing" and decided to try it without really understanding how
it works?
Jari Pietila

The only explanation for this post, that I can think of, is that you
truly hate B******** stuff and want everybody to do so ..

-jp

A. & G. Reiswig

We believe you. No, really.

Now...please go away.

George Reiswig
Song of the River Music

"Guitar Player" wrote in message
[...]

LJM

Man I'm going to get me one of dem vampiers and git rit of mah Tech 21.
Whut wuz I thinkin?

Jim M

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat
you with experience.

Mike Rivers

My, but they're active today.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )
hank alrich

Guitar Player wrote:

I just bought a BEHRINGER Vampire and I would like to share my
impressions:

No, you didn't; you been sucking marketing ass at Beri and now you're
trying to rinse out in this forum. Take your hot lips back to the
factory and get back to work. The boss misses you.

--
ha
hank alrich

Mike Rivers wrote:

My, but they're active today.

Diarrhea.

--
ha
Joe Evans

This is really pretty pathetic. One post of this ilk in the group is
questionable as spam. Two posts are both obvious and offensive to me.
The *B* word may get added to my killfile.......
George Perfect

In this place, Scott Dorsey was recorded uttering these words:
Guitar Player wrote:
I just bought a BEHRINGER Vampire and I would like to share my
impressions:
The Behringer V-Ampire is brand new (released September 2003) and I've
only had it for a liitle over two weeks, but since there isn't any review
yet, I thought I'd share my thoughts anyway. I have been a very happy user
of the BEHRINGER V-Amp 2 for 1 1/2 years though, so getting started on the
BEHRINGER V-Ampire was very easy for me.

Same originating address as the Behringer guitar amp ad earlier. Do you
somehow get the notion that someone at Behringer has just heard about
"viral marketing" and decided to try it without really understanding how
it works?
--scott

I've met the Behringer marketing people and (I think) they are smarter
than that. This is possibly a very dumb dealer or a troll.

Certainly not likely to promote Behringer's image round these parts.

--
George
Newcastle, England

Problems worthy of attack
Prove their worth by hitting back - Piet Hein

Ricky W. Hunt

"Jari Pietila" wrote in message
The only explanation for this post, that I can think of, is that you
truly hate B******** stuff and want everybody to do so ..

That's exactly what I was thinking. Trying a little of reverse psychology.

Rik

It wouldn't surprise me if this is posted by someone from Beh...
Most of their adds are just other poeples text that they've ripped off.
I guess there philosophy is that if you're going to rip off someones product
then you might as well go the whole hog and rip off all the marketing as
well!

Rik

"Joe Evans" wrote in message
This is really pretty pathetic. One post of this ilk in the group is
questionable as spam. Two posts are both obvious and offensive to me.
The *B* word may get added to my killfile.......

Andy Cullen

Dear all,

with regard to :

(a) the posting from Sascha (SGAE1976 - BEHRINGER guitar amps, they
really rock!) dtd. 26 Feb 2004 in rec.audio.pro
(b) the posting from Aron Brockowich (Guitar Player - BEHRINGER
VAMPIRE, Great !!! Nice Price) dtd. 26 Feb 2004 in rec.audio.pro

Of course we are delighted to hear postive comments about our products
from satisfied customers, and we are certain that the intentions
behind these postings were only of the best possible kind.

However, we insist that these specific postings do not originate from
the company Behringer. These postings represent individual opinions,
and we explicitly distance ourselves from the originators of these
comments. The individuals from whom these postings originate have no
association with the company Behringer whatsoever.

We do confirm that the company Behringer is taking an active part in
internet newsgroup discussions. Whenever a posting is made by an
employee or associate of the company Behringer, the affiliation to the
company Behringer is made clear in every case.

We assure everyone here that Behringer strives to maintain a
legitimate, serious approach to these discussions. Our participation
is intended solely for the factual clarification of relevant
"applicational" issues as raised by customers and users of our
equipment.

Unfortunately it appears that the synchronicity of these specific
postings, perhaps combined with a little "overenthusiasm" on the part
of the authors, has aroused the suspicions of other participants, and
we feel that this may lead to a detrimental view of Behringer as a
company, which is something which we do not accept.

We hope that this can be appreciated by all.

Best regards

Andy Cullen
Customer Support
BEHRINGER Spezielle Studiotechnik GmbH

My, but they're active today.

WillStG

(Andy Cullen)
(a) the posting from Sascha (SGAE1976 - BEHRINGER guitar amps, they
really rock!) dtd. 26 Feb 2004 in rec.audio.pro
(b) the posting from Aron Brockowich (Guitar Player - BEHRINGER
VAMPIRE, Great !!! Nice Price) dtd. 26 Feb 2004 in rec.audio.pro

Of course we are delighted to hear postive comments about our products
from satisfied customers, and we are certain that the intentions
behind these postings were only of the best possible kind.

However, we insist that these specific postings do not originate from
the company Behringer. These postings represent individual opinions,
and we explicitly distance ourselves from the originators of these
comments.

Given that the following 3 threads are the extent of the contribution
has made to the audio discussion here, I find your
insistence he is not a shill for your company totally lacking in credibility.
Perhaps you might rather wish to claim the problem is that you are totally
lacking in communication skills and relating to your employees, or perhaps just
really bad at managing them?

"BEHRINGER SHIPS V-TONE GUITAR PACK "

"BEHRINGER SHIPS THE Behringer V-AMPIRE LX1-112"

"BEHRINGER guitar amps, they really rock! "

We do confirm that the company Behringer is taking an active part in
internet newsgroup discussions.

As you should know there is a difference between "advertising" and
"participating in the discussion", at least on this newsgroup Andy. If you
want to come on here and expose your vast audio knowldge to the world, feel
free to do so. But get rid of the BS marketing spam, it's obvious, dishonest
and you will end up with more bad comments in writing here about your company
and products than good - every time.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

George Perfect

In this place, WillStG was recorded uttering these words:
(Andy Cullen)

[... snip ...]

However, we insist that these specific postings do not originate from
the company Behringer. These postings represent individual opinions,
and we explicitly distance ourselves from the originators of these
comments.

Given that the following 3 threads are the extent of the contribution
has made to the audio discussion here, I find your
insistence he is not a shill for your company totally lacking in credibility.
Perhaps you might rather wish to claim the problem is that you are totally
lacking in communication skills and relating to your employees, or perhaps just
really bad at managing them?

Will - I know Andy personally. When he says that nobody at Behringer was
responsible for those silly posts, he means it.

As you should know there is a difference between "advertising" and
"participating in the discussion", at least on this newsgroup Andy. If you
want to come on here and expose your vast audio knowldge to the world, feel
free to do so. But get rid of the BS marketing spam, it's obvious, dishonest
and you will end up with more bad comments in writing here about your company
and products than good - every time.

I don't see any "marketing spam" or "BS" in what Andy wrote.

Did I miss something?

--
George
Newcastle, England
(Please remove leading 'NOSPAM' to reply by email)

Problems worthy of attack
Prove their worth by hitting back - Piet Hein

Arjan P

Rik wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if this is posted by someone from Beh... Most of
their adds are just other poeples text that they've ripped off. I guess
there philosophy is that if you're going to rip off someones product
then you might as well go the whole hog and rip off all the marketing as
well!

Think again; you really think they're so naive at Behringer marketing that
they expect anyone in this newsgroup to go out and check their products
after reading these blown up 'reviews'? I'm sure these posts are done by
someone who hates Behringer and wants them to look bad. Unfortunately it
seems to be pretty successful..

Luck, Arjan

--
----Real email: news then at then soundbyte then dot then nl----

Glenn Dowdy

"George Perfect" wrote in

But get rid of the BS marketing spam, it's obvious, dishonest
and you will end up with more bad comments in writing here about your

company
and products than good - every time.

I don't see any "marketing spam" or "BS" in what Andy wrote.

Did I miss something?

I know of at least one other Behringer customer support person who
participates actively and on-topic as a member of a music-related newsgroup.
His role in Behringer only comes out via email to address customer service
issues. You'd never know from the newsgroup that he worked for Behringer,
but he has been able to help customers due to his participation.

Glenn D.

DJ

COOL!!!!!!!!! Do these things catch on fire as easily as the old Behringer
headphone amps if I accidentally plug in a set of 600ohm cans (I know, my
bad-but a really spectacular show nonetheless)? Also, is there a patch that
emulates the *acoustic blanket* effect of that horrid little Behringer
line mixer? Finally, is there a feature where you can grab two identical
volume pots and one will have only half the gain of the other?

TIA,

DJ

[...]

Bob Cain

George Perfect wrote:

In this place, WillStG was recorded uttering these words:

Given that the following 3 threads are the extent of the contribution
.....snip

Will - I know Andy personally. When he says that nobody at Behringer was
responsible for those silly posts, he means it.

Did I miss something?

Only the opportunity to ignore yet another mark that W.M.
widely missed. :-)

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Ty Ford

In Article , Arjan P wrote:
Rik wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if this is posted by someone from Beh... Most of
their adds are just other poeples text that they've ripped off. I guess
there philosophy is that if you're going to rip off someones product
then you might as well go the whole hog and rip off all the marketing as
well!

Think again; you really think they're so naive at Behringer marketing that
they expect anyone in this newsgroup to go out and check their products
after reading these blown up 'reviews'? I'm sure these posts are done by
someone who hates Behringer and wants them to look bad. Unfortunately it
seems to be pretty successful..

Luck, Arjan

Naive, no. Nervy enough to think we'd not notice, or (in the worst case
scenario) that any publicity is a good thing, sure.

They get my "Janet Jackson Award" for "It was not my fault/It was an
accident" marketing; Straight from the guerilla marketing handbook of
marketing.

Fortunately, most of here have seen spin for what it is.

Nice try though.

Regards,

Ty Ford

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

George Perfect

In this place, Ty Ford was recorded uttering these words:
Naive, no. Nervy enough to think we'd not notice, or (in the worst case
scenario) that any publicity is a good thing, sure.

They get my "Janet Jackson Award" for "It was not my fault/It was an
accident" marketing; Straight from the guerilla marketing handbook of
marketing.

Fortunately, most of here have seen spin for what it is.

Nice try though.

Ty - your prejudices are showing again. Try taking the blinkers off once
in a while.

I just received a reply to my email to Uli Behringer (shock, horror! the
man exists and talks to people who ask him questions!).

Nobody within Behringer had anything to do with the original "review"
posts.

Fact.

Andy Cullen was authorised by Uli Behringer to post his message setting
out that fact.

Full stop.

--
George
Newcastle, England
(Please remove leading 'NOSPAM' to reply by email)

Problems worthy of attack
Prove their worth by hitting back - Piet Hein
Arjan P

Ty Ford wrote:
Naive, no. Nervy enough to think we'd not notice, or (in the worst case
scenario) that any publicity is a good thing, sure.

They get my "Janet Jackson Award" for "It was not my fault/It was an
accident" marketing; Straight from the guerilla marketing handbook of
marketing.

Fortunately, most of here have seen spin for what it is.

Nice try though.

I don't think the 'Any publicity is good' rule is applicable in this
particular group, and certainly not with Behringer. As we've seen,
Behringer employees read and lurk around here, so they must be aware of the
type of audience, and also that it's not the audience to aim for to sell a
$300 modeling guitar amp (not to mention the way the 'attempt' was done).
If this is 'guerilla' marketing, it's one of the few occasions that
guerilla warfare doesn't pay off. It just doesn't make sense, and I'm not
particularly defending Behringer, I'm defending common sense and plain
logic: these posts are made by someone trying to hurt Behringer.

Luck, Arjan

--
----Real email: news then at then soundbyte then dot then nl----

jazzman

Arjan, you just saved me 30 minutes of typing.

I am an employee of BEHRINGER USA. I have been posting and reading here for
years - long before I came to work for BUSA.

I saw this BS "review" show up on Thursday night at about 8:30pm pacific. I
knew it was going to be attributed to us and it was going to look bad. That
was obviously the whole point of the post. I had ignored the earlier
"Behringer does it!" stuff, but now it was time to respond.

I forwarded the message to Andy, who is in charge of global tech support.
He's not a corporate executive, as someone criticizing his response
suggested. He's a tech guy who has
pride in his company, just like I do. Andy recognized the potential for
backlash and immediately drafted the response you saw - confirming this was
not a "viral marketing campaign" as someone had opined at the outset.

That response was immediately approved by Mr. Behringer himself and it went
up.

We all know better than to do something like this. Please drop whatever
prejudices you have in this case and realize that we respect the
non-commercial nature of USENET, and we know what places like rec.audio.pro
are for. I have learned a ton as a reader here over the years, and I hope
to continue to
do so. I also hope I can contribute by sharing what knowledge I do have.

Please know that this is the full extent of our participation in
rec.audio.pro, or any other online group.

Thanks for your time.

Jim Savery
Customer Service Manager
BEHRINGER USA, Inc.

posting from my personal account

"Arjan P" wrote in message
Ty Ford wrote:
[...]

WillStG

"jazzman"
I am an employee of BEHRINGER USA. I have been posting and reading here for
years - long before I came to work for BUSA.

Then you should be aware that Behringer has spammed this group with BS
"reviews" in the past.

I saw this BS "review" show up on Thursday night at about 8:30pm pacific. I
knew it was going to be attributed to us and it was going to look bad. That
was obviously the whole point of the post. I had ignored the earlier
"Behringer does it!" stuff, but now it was time to respond.

I forwarded the message to Andy, who is in charge of global tech support.
He's not a corporate executive, as someone criticizing his response
suggested. He's a tech guy who has pride in his company, just like I do. Andy
recognized the potential for backlash and immediately drafted the response you
saw - confirming this was not a "viral marketing campaign" as someone had
opined at the outset.

That response was immediately approved by Mr. Behringer himself and it went
up.

Why would any Manager ask a TECH support person to respond to an issue
like this, let alone the PRESIDENT of the company? And if all of you,
including "Mr. Behringer himself" were concerned that the BS "reviews" we
"going to make you look bad", why didn't the officially approved response say
so? Rather your response said "we are delighted to hear postive comments about
our products from satisfied customers" and "These postings represent
individual opinions". Not word one about "someone is trying to make us look
bad" as you now claim, certainly Mr. Behringer didn't see a need to address
that in Andy's response.

Sorry Jim, but the more you guys talk, the more you put your foot in it.

We all know better than to do something like this. Please drop whatever
prejudices you have in this case and realize that we respect the
non-commercial nature of USENET, and we know what places like rec.audio.pro
are for. I have learned a ton as a reader here over the years, and I hope
to continue to do so. I also hope I can contribute by sharing what knowledge I
do have.

Like all the spam in the past, these reviews originated from German
servers, so we know it's not likely Behringer USA marketing that's doing this.
But you work for guys who built their company on reverse engineering gear from
other manufacturers. If they would just knock this stuff off, maybe they
could live down that reputation - eventually. Hey, I was defending the ECM8000
recently, you may have noticed...

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

Ty Ford

In Article , Arjan P wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:
[...]

Remember New Coke? Marketing mistakes happen all the time and many of them
defy logic. Post-It notes were the effective reuse of a failed adhesive
experiment.

Regards,

Ty Ford

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

Ty Ford

In Article TJ50c.432080$na.1038923@attbi_s04, "jazzman"
wrote:

[...]

Nice post Jim. Thanks for clearing the air. Let the healing begin. But as we
do, perhaps you can provide us some backstory on the offending posters.

Regards,

Ty Ford

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

Arjan P

Ty Ford wrote:
Remember New Coke? Marketing mistakes happen all the time and many of
them defy logic. Post-It notes were the effective reuse of a failed
adhesive experiment.

So now you're saying it's a mistake from Behringer marketing, while a few
posts ago it was their 'philosophy' and 'guerilla marketing' and falling
under the 'Any publicity is good' idea? Not very consistent. Anyway, any
religion defies logic, so believe whatever you want to, I just don't buy it.

Luck, Arjan

--
----Real email: news then at then soundbyte then dot then nl----

Ricky W. Hunt

"jazzman" wrote in message

Arjan, you just saved me 30 minutes of typing.

I am an employee of BEHRINGER USA. I have been posting and reading here

for
years - long before I came to work for BUSA.

I saw this BS "review" show up on Thursday night at about 8:30pm pacific.

knew it was going to be attributed to us and it was going to look bad.

That
was obviously the whole point of the post. I had ignored the earlier
"Behringer does it!" stuff, but now it was time to respond.

I believe it was made to "slander" Behringer too. Which begs the question,
"if the gear is so horrible, why do you have to try to bring it down?".
Wouldn't it's horrible sound do that? So if someone has to resort to this it
must mean they think Behringer has SOMETHING to offer.

Ty Ford

In Article , Arjan P wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:
Remember New Coke? Marketing mistakes happen all the time and many of
them defy logic. Post-It notes were the effective reuse of a failed
adhesive experiment.

So now you're saying it's a mistake from Behringer marketing, while a few
posts ago it was their 'philosophy' and 'guerilla marketing' and falling
under the 'Any publicity is good' idea? Not very consistent. Anyway, any
religion defies logic, so believe whatever you want to, I just don't buy it.

Luck, Arjan

You're the one spinnin religious yarns there Mr. Lucky. You and your fake
email ID.

Fortunately, I don't have to care if you buy it or not.

Fortunately, I have an ECM 8000 here that some have been raving about. I'll
get back to you with what I find.

Regards,

Ty Ford

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

Arjan P

Ty Ford wrote:
You're the one spinnin religious yarns there Mr. Lucky. You and your
fake email ID.

Ah, lost the argument by running out of sensible thoughts on the subject so
you figured; let's take things personal? My name is not Lucky but Paauw if
you really wanna know, and in my signature my real email address is
perfectly clear to anyone. Except the bots looking for addresses to spam,
which is where the fake thing goes, as you ofcourse know.

To be honest, I couldn't care less whether Ty Ford or anyone believes these
posts came from Behringer or Behringer haters. But if people start taking
these believes to the group and sell them as fact without any proper
argument, I just wanna see common sense given some credit. Not people
spilling their beans about whatever it was in the past that ticked them off
by a certain company.

Fortunately, I have an ECM 8000 here that some have been raving about.
I'll get back to you with what I find.

Don't worry, got that mic myself, and a Behringer review by someone as
biased on the company as yourself is the last thing I need anyway.

Luck, Arjan

--
----Real email: news then at then soundbyte then dot then nl----

Ty Ford

In Article , Arjan P wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:
You're the one spinnin religious yarns there Mr. Lucky. You and your
fake email ID.

Ah, lost the argument by running out of sensible thoughts on the subject so
you figured; let's take things personal? My name is not Lucky but Paauw if
you really wanna know, and in my signature my real email address is
perfectly clear to anyone. Except the bots looking for addresses to spam,
which is where the fake thing goes, as you ofcourse know.

Were you to attach a signature and were your real name and address be
present, I wouldn't have had to point it out to you.

To be honest, I couldn't care less whether Ty Ford or anyone believes these
posts came from Behringer or Behringer haters. But if people start taking
these believes to the group and sell them as fact without any proper
argument, I just wanna see common sense given some credit. Not people
spilling their beans about whatever it was in the past that ticked them off
by a certain company.

Your ability to fabricate apparently extends farther than previously imagined.

Fortunately, I have an ECM 8000 here that some have been raving about.
I'll get back to you with what I find.

Don't worry, got that mic myself, and a Behringer review by someone as
biased on the company as yourself is the last thing I need anyway.

I'm sure, but thanks for stepping out of the wings anyway. We can all expect
you to be beating the drum for a certain company in the future and give that
performance the weight it deserves.

Regards,

Ty Ford

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

Arjan P

Ty Ford wrote:
Were you to attach a signature and were your real name and address be
present, I wouldn't have had to point it out to you.

Sorry, English is not my first language, don't know what you're saying
there. As for the rest of your reply, I don't have time to get into useless
discussions on whatever people believe or not, and this group is certainly
not served by the way this is developing. I have no connection to Behringer
at all, and in fact, I don't like much of their stuff, but that's not to
say the company sucks. Whoever you expect me to be beating the drum about
in the future is your problem, and as far as I'm concerned, this thread is
finished.

Luck, Arjan

--
----Real email: news then at then soundbyte then dot then nl----

George Perfect

In this place, Ty Ford was recorded uttering these words:

Were you to attach a signature and were your real name and address be
present, I wouldn't have had to point it out to you.

Arjan's signature line was(as ever) present in his earlier posts that
you objected to. It reads:

----Real email: news then at then soundbyte then dot then nl----

which says to me that his real email address is "news at soundbyte dot
nl".

In any case, you didn't have to "point out" anything to him. Name
calling is a cheap shot and does you no credit.

Your ability to fabricate apparently extends farther than previously imagined.

What - precisely - has Arjan fabricated here?

You accused both Andy Cullen and Uli Behringer of lying - without the
slightest whiff of supporting substance. Arjan made a perfectly civil
and polite post - that just happened to diagree with your point of view.

Nothing he has said here deserves the kind of character attack you
launched.

I'm sure, but thanks for stepping out of the wings anyway. We can all expect
you to be beating the drum for a certain company in the future and give that
performance the weight it deserves.

Arjan simply tells it like it is.

FYI, Arjan is a well respected, regular contributor to several audio
groups including am4t. He is IME far from biased or prejudiced.

--
George
Newcastle, England
(Please remove leading 'NOSPAM' to reply by email)

Problems worthy of attack
Prove their worth by hitting back - Piet Hein
Ty Ford

In Article , George
Perfect You accused both Andy Cullen and Uli Behringer of lying - without the
slightest whiff of supporting substance.

No I didn't.

Nothing he has said here deserves the kind of character attack you
launched.

I launched nothing of the sort.

I'm sure, but thanks for stepping out of the wings anyway. We can all expect
you to be beating the drum for a certain company in the future and give that
performance the weight it deserves.

Arjan simply tells it like it is.

As do I.