Brian Q Public

Default 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Anyone had the pleasure of taking one of these apart yet?

Things that would be good to know BEFORE I start pulling the dash apart:

Are most of the audio components inside the dash behind the control unit?

(This one has an RF in dash system. I'm sure in a couple months Metra will
make it possible to put an aftermarket unit in this location, but right now
it doesn't seem possible w/o custom fabrication)

Is the tuner behind the dash as well?
Have they gone to any wacko antenna plugs that need adaptors?
Any booby traps you've encountered?

This appears to be all new over the 2005.

BTW - anyone know of any UP TO DATE database for such info?
I pay for both Scosche and TheMAID and both are pathetic sources of info
for newer cars. Directed does a fine job when it comes to wire color codes
etc. but I don't know of anybody that keeps ultra current for audio
integration

Brian Q