Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.car
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default 60 Hz noise on car radio from powerlines

I recently acquired a 1994 Dodge Caravan with a pioneer supertuner AM/FM radio.
It has bad problems on an AM staion I listen to whenever I am near powerlines.
There is a 60 Hz hum that modulates the audio causing bad distortion. I thought
this would be a grounding problem, and have tried adding an additional temporary
ground at either end of the antenna cable, with no effect. Can anyone offer any
help in solving this?

AM radio noise help. [email protected] Car Audio 5 November 23rd 05 05:03 AM
Radio humming noise rome Tech 1 September 18th 05 04:29 AM
Radio humming noise rome General 0 September 17th 05 08:07 PM
Radio noise BeeP Car Audio 0 December 15th 03 05:27 AM
Caravan radio noise bob Car Audio 1 December 12th 03 09:38 PM