Posted to rec.audio.car

Default 3 way Vs 4 way speakers? (need 6 1/2)

Is there a noticeable difference between 3 and 4 way speakers?
Will an extra tweeter make that much of a difference? I have a pioneer
dh1700 45wattX4 watt cd/receiver. And I have Pioneer 2 way 6 1/2's in
the rear right now. I don't like the muddy sound of these speakers.
They have little clarity thoughl. Been to a few stores and auditioned
several speakers. And even the display Pioneer speakers have a muddy
sound to them.
Will it make a difference if I get replace the speakers in the door?
They are stock speakers.
Any recommendations for a decent brand of speakers. The car is a 96 4
door Corolla.
Is it difficult to install speakers. Mine are going atop the back
seats. Best Buy qouted me 77 dollars to install a pair of 79.99 dollar
speakers. This is crazy.

Posted to rec.audio.car
bb

Noooo...don't let them charge you that much.

It's relatively easy.

You can always go to www.crutchfield.com and buy the "mastersheets" to your
specific vehicle for five dollars. It shows you, step by step, where to
unscrew what, lift this out, that, etc. If you buy your speakers from them,
they give you this free.

Maybe some others have
ups.com...