Keith Murphy

Default 4 channel amp question

I only want to use one amp in my setup. I want the amp to power the 2
front speakers, the 2 rear speakers, and 1 10" subwoofer. Is it
possible to do this with a 4-Channel amp (parallel wiring maybe?) The
amp I am considering produces 100 x 4 RMS @ 4-Ohm. Thanks for your
help!
Mister_B

You need a solid 5 channel amp to do what you want .. leave an email and
I will give you a store where they have some VERY nice ones for
$160'ish shipped ..

--
Mister_B
Mister_B's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=28133

Mercury

youre trying to power 5 channels my man

1 = front left
1 = front right
1 = rear left
1 = rear right
1 = sub

u need a 5 channel amp or a 4 channel amp with rca outputs to a 5 channel
amp... or forget amping the front speakers and just do the sub... or
bridge the two rear outputs and go into the speakers and the sub... but to
be honest you dont have the correct equipment to do it right

kenny
"Keith Murphy" wrote in message
om...
I only want to use one amp in my setup. I want the amp to power the 2
front speakers, the 2 rear speakers, and 1 10" subwoofer. Is it
possible to do this with a 4-Channel amp (parallel wiring maybe?) The
amp I am considering produces 100 x 4 RMS @ 4-Ohm. Thanks for your
help!

Kirby

The way I figure it.. It depends. Cand the amp be stable to two ohms?, if it
can, do your two lefts (in parallel) on one left channel and your two rights
on the right channel, provided they're all four ohms. depending if you have
a crossover for your front and rear channels on your amp, set the low pass
filter for the rear, bridge it, and run the sub off it. If the single
channels themselves go to two ohms, the bridged power is usually back up to
4 ohms. If you dont have the filter, you're going to have to use a
crossover. I may be wrong with all of this, but as far as I know, it should
work.

"Keith Murphy" wrote in message
om...
I only want to use one amp in my setup. I want the amp to power the 2
front speakers, the 2 rear speakers, and 1 10" subwoofer. Is it
possible to do this with a 4-Channel amp (parallel wiring maybe?) The
amp I am considering produces 100 x 4 RMS @ 4-Ohm. Thanks for your
help!

smgreen1820

Phoenix Gold makes a 3/5 way passive xover that will do the job. I've
seen them on ebay a few times for around $50.00.
It's a two channel in, three or five channel (5 w/o fade) out. You
could bridge ch. 1 and 2 to one input(L) and 3 and 4 to the other(R).
Each channel of that xover can handle 300 wrms per side.

--
smgreen1820
smgreen1820's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=29027

Keith Murphy wrote:
I only want to use one amp in my setup. I want the amp to power the 2
front speakers, the 2 rear speakers, and 1 10" subwoofer. Is it
possible to do this with a 4-Channel amp (parallel wiring maybe?) The
amp I am considering produces 100 x 4 RMS @ 4-Ohm. Thanks for your
help!

I would play it safe. Run the front speakers and the sub off the
amplifier. Run the rear speakers off the head unit (hopefully it is an
aftermarket piece). IMHO, more often then not, you will want the
beefiest power you have available going to the speakers you will hear
most often.