Heather Canfield

Default I use Bose with Linux and it sounds great.

I don't understand why BOSE and Linux gets a bad RAP in this and other
groups?
I've been using BOSE gear for years and have been very happy with it
excepting the foam rot on my 802's which BOSE fixed for free.
I run a Linux based studio around Ardour/Audacity/jack using VST plugins
and everything works well.
I am currently using a set of 802's as my mains.
A set of 901's as my playback system.
A Lifestyle kit as my "what does it sound like on consumer gear" kit and I
have had no troubles translating great mixes to bigger studios.

In fact the comments I get are along the lines of very nuetral sound that
can easily be worked with.
I'm running an old Alesis 1622 board with dbx 266's and some BBE gear.
I tried an RNC but didn't like the way it colored the sound so I went back
to the 266's.
The entire studio is wired up with Monster cable and I am using an old
Yang and Chung piano as a focal point for my acoustic artists.

Honestly I can't understand why people hate BOSE because my clients are
always praising how great my mixes sound on the Bose system.
In fact just last night a trio was telling me they had never heard their
tracking sound like that before!
If that isn't a plug what is?

My Linux system just keeps on ticking and when these Protools snobs come
around I show them my Linux/Alesis/Yamaha Pro-02 systems and they just
can't believe it and have said as much.

So why does BOSE and Linux get such a bad hit around here?

Heather Canfield
philicorda

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:12:05 -0500, Heather Canfield wrote:

snip
So why does BOSE and Linux get such a bad hit around here?

Heather Canfield

Great troll!

Next time, I'd love to read a little about four track cassette tape being
higher fidelity than digital, and your AKG C1000 sounding better
than a U87. It would have been nice if the mixer was a Behringer Eurodesk
too.
Heather Canfield

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:26:42 +0000, philicorda wrote:

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:12:05 -0500, Heather Canfield wrote:

snip
So why does BOSE and Linux get such a bad hit around here?

Heather Canfield

Great troll!

Next time, I'd love to read a little about four track cassette tape being
higher fidelity than digital, and your AKG C1000 sounding better
than a U87. It would have been nice if the mixer was a Behringer Eurodesk
too.

I'm not trolling, I am dead serious. You sound like a Protools snob.
BTW I've been trying to get to www.agnula.org all day and it seems to be
down?
Heather Canfield.
Buster

[...]

Ya' killing me Heather.
I haven't laughed this hard all holiday season!
Keep it up!
Great troll!!!

Scott Dorsey

Heather Canfield wrote:

Honestly I can't understand why people hate BOSE because my clients are
always praising how great my mixes sound on the Bose system.
In fact just last night a trio was telling me they had never heard their
tracking sound like that before!
If that isn't a plug what is?

Monitors aren't supposed to make things sound good, remember?
Monitors that make -everything- sound good make it impossible to mix
anything and know when something sounds bad.

Please try trolling elsewhere. The fact that you have not posted and you
are using the same IP address as the last troll is probably a bad sign.

Andre Majorel

On 2005-01-02, Heather Canfield wrote:

I've been using BOSE gear for years and have been very happy with it
[...] I run a Linux based studio around Ardour/Audacity/jack using VST
plugins and everything works well. I am currently using a set of
802's as my mains. [...] I'm running an old Alesis 1622 board with dbx
266's and some BBE gear. I tried an RNC but didn't like the way it
colored the sound so I went back to the 266's. The entire studio is
wired up with Monster cable

Trop gros, passera pas.

--
André Majorel URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
Todos, todos me miran mal
Jim

"flatfish+++" wrote in message

I don't see an ip address in that post?
Where is it located so I can filter it out in the future,
TIA,

Just look at the headers, flatfish.

Jim

Mike T.

wrote:

I don't understand why BOSE and Linux gets a bad RAP in this and other
groups?
I've been using BOSE gear for years and have been very happy with it

I'm running an old Alesis 1622 board with dbx 266's and some BBE gear.
I tried an RNC but didn't like the way it colored the sound so I went back
to the 266's.

If you like the dbx266, but not the RNC, you'll LOVE the Alesis 3630.
Mike T.
Heather Canfield

wrote:

I don't understand why BOSE and Linux gets a bad RAP in this and other
groups?
I've been using BOSE gear for years and have been very happy with it

I'm running an old Alesis 1622 board with dbx 266's and some BBE gear.
I tried an RNC but didn't like the way it colored the sound so I went back
to the 266's.

If you like the dbx266, but not the RNC, you'll LOVE the Alesis 3630.
Mike T.

Does it have +4 inputs?
Heather
Badmuts

Heather Canfield wrote:
I'm not trolling, I am dead serious.

Then post one of your mixes somewhere for us to judge. I've never been able
to make a decent mix on an alesis 1622.
(i did on behringer, though)
--
Bm

Richard Kuschel

Trolling,trolling, trolling.
Just pulling them in aren't we?
Richard H. Kuschel
Scott Dorsey

wrote:

I don't understand why BOSE and Linux gets a bad RAP in this and other
groups?
I've been using BOSE gear for years and have been very happy with it

I'm running an old Alesis 1622 board with dbx 266's and some BBE gear.
I tried an RNC but didn't like the way it colored the sound so I went back
to the 266's.

If you like the dbx266, but not the RNC, you'll LOVE the Alesis 3630.

Does it have +4 inputs?

Doesn't matter, it won't track no matter WHAT level you feed it.
David Satz

Ah--but you haven't heard Bose and Linux at their best until you've
recorded an AKG C 1000 microphone through the ART Tube MP, and then
routed the signal through Behringer electronics.

--best regards

P.S.: Bose is a person's last name, not an acronym; there's no reason
to write it in ALL CAPS.

P.P.S.: I like the years when April 1st comes a little early, as it
seems to have in your messages.

Mike T.

wrote:

I don't understand why BOSE and Linux gets a bad RAP in this and other
groups?
I've been using BOSE gear for years and have been very happy with it

I'm running an old Alesis 1622 board with dbx 266's and some BBE gear.
I tried an RNC but didn't like the way it colored the sound so I went back
to the 266's.

If you like the dbx266, but not the RNC, you'll LOVE the Alesis 3630.
Mike T.

Does it have +4 inputs?
Heather

Yes, but it clips at about +12
Mike T.

Geoff Wood

"David Satz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ah--but you haven't heard Bose and Linux at their best until you've
recorded an AKG C 1000 microphone through the ART Tube MP, and then
routed the signal through Behringer electronics.

--best regards

P.S.: Bose is a person's last name, not an acronym; there's no reason
to write it in ALL CAPS.

P.P.S.: I like the years when April 1st comes a little early, as it
seems to have in your messages.

Linux-sourced sound only sounds good through a Bose when it was recorded
with a C1000 and went through a 3630 at some stage.

geoff

Karl Winkler

So you didn't realise that BOSE stands for Bring Other Sound Equipment?
Karl Winkler
Lectrosonics, Inc.
http://www.lectrosonics.com

Peter Larsen

Heather Canfield wrote:

I don't understand why BOSE and Linux gets a bad RAP
in this and other groups?

It could be due to the obvius incompetence of those that appear to be
paid for marketing it. Just what is your background in sound recording?

My Linux system just keeps on ticking and when these Protools
snobs come around I show them my Linux/Alesis/Yamaha Pro-02
systems and they just can't believe it and have said as much.

I believe they said that they could not believe it, but I do not believe
that you actually understood what they meant.

So why does BOSE and Linux get such a bad hit around here?

I don't think either is getting a bad hit, but I do think that people
are promoting them for tasks they are unsuited for. Bose has properties
that can be useful in specific applications and the same applies to
Linux.

Heather Canfield

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Tonehenge

Oh yeah baby...just spent the day at Rock Beach in White Rock, with that
yucky SSL 4000G, their stinky Radars, a pair of abysmal Dynaudio's, a rack
full of **** poor Grace, Avalon, and GML. I was wondering from the moment I
walked in, where is that Bose gear? Ah well...next time, I'm recording with
you!!