Wayne Van Kirk

Default $485.00 volume knob

"The standard bakelite knob is certainly the best sounding compromise...
but now Audio Consulting has taken this aspect of the Silver Rock much
further. The new knobs are custom made with beech wood and bronze where
the bronze is used as the insert to mount to the stem of the volume pot.
The beech wood is coated several times with C37 lacquer for best sound"

http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NOB_C37_C&Ca tegory_Code=VOLUME&Product_Count=2

WVK

The "explanation" for this product is appended, it contains all the
"subjective" forms of "proof" and "rationalization".

1. "I hear it, I really really do, don't you believe me, don't you hear it
too?"

2. "The difference is so great even my cat commented from the kitchen."

3. Ya see, here is the science, vibration and how humans hear; don't ya
know?

4. the science works because of the materials, especially the "majic"
paint on the wood, the latter being pure and organic and delevering whole
round sound not found in the plastic version.

5. It costs so much it must be true, "what will the sucker pay, I I mean,
you get what you pay for; ie. I gets your money and you gets the doodad."

" Good vibrations, Bad vibrations its all about vibrations!! RAM would
like to introduce a new signature level knob developed for the mighty
Silver Rock potentiometer. The standard bakelite knob is certainly the
best sounding compromise... but now Audio Consulting has taken this
aspect of the Silver Rock much further. The new knobs are custom made
with beech wood and bronze where the bronze is used as the insert to
mount to the stem of the volume pot. The beech wood is coated several
times with C37 lacquer for best sound as pointed out by Dieter
Ennemoser. How can this make a difference??? Well, hearing is
believing as we always say. The sound becomes much more open and free
flowing with a nice improvement in resolution. Dynamics are better and
overall naturalness is improved. Here is a test for all you Silver
Rock owners. Try removing the bakelite knobs and listen. You will be
shocked by this! The signature knobs will have an even greater
effectreally amazing! The point here is the micro vibrations created
by the volume pots and knobs find their way into the delicate signal
path and cause degradation (Bad vibrations equal bad sound). With the
signature knobs micro vibrations from the C37 concept of wood, bronze
and the lacquer itself compensate for the volume pots and provide
(Good Vibrations) our ear/brain combination like to hearway better
sound!!"

Chris Campbell

Wayne Van Kirk wrote in message ...
"The standard bakelite knob is certainly the best sounding compromise...
but now Audio Consulting has taken this aspect of the Silver Rock much
further. The new knobs are custom made with beech wood and bronze where
the bronze is used as the insert to mount to the stem of the volume pot.
The beech wood is coated several times with C37 lacquer for best sound"

http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NOB_C37_C&Ca tegory_Code=VOLUME&Product_Count=2

WVK

I have been worried about this severe problem for some time, and have
developed another approach to vibration control. The standard knobs
can be retained if they are properly damped with special elastic
treatment. I have a stock of special adjustable devices that stretch
to fit any knob. These small bands of a rubber compound have an
immediate audible effect, especially in the critical 2,000-2,250 Hz
range. The sense of detail is greatly enhanced, and the date of the
vocalist's latest haircut can be determined within +/- 4.5 hours.

I can supply these special elastic dampers for only $375 per unit.
They are available in an attractive tan color. Please send cash to my
special offshore account.

Chris Campbell
;)

Steve

wrote in message news:wTrDb.401928$ao4.1320703@attbi_s51...
[...]

If this knob makes that much of an improvement, in fact any improvement,
then the pots they use must be total rubbish.

Steve Lane

chung

wrote:
[...]

Notice that these guys also mod SACD players and other misc. stuff. Up
to $2,700 for an SACD upgrade! $4,500 for a DAC upgrade!

dylanboyle

.....and to think that I took the volume knob of my amp to make it a less
attractive theft proposition, who knows what I'm missing out on- without
it...?
db

http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Me...en=PROD&Produc