Default connect car speakers to home audio receiver for testing

Hello All,

I recently baught used speakers Alpine SPS-690A from ebay and before
installing in car, I want to test them whether they are working fine.
The Alipnes are 4 Ohm speakers rated 60W RMS, 250W peak.

I have a SONT home theater receiver at home. The regular speakers for
it are 8 Ohm. Can I commect the Alpines to the receiver for testing?
Will damage the speakers?

TIA.

winkenstein

sure, go 'head.

winkenstein,

Thank You.

I connected and the speakers did work. The sound is very clear but the
bass responce is very low compared to the actual big speakers for the
receiver. Will there be better bass when the speakers are actually
fitter in Car as rear speakers? Car is 1999 Toyota Camry.

Thanks

Scotty

What speakers did you get? If they are just plain door type speakers they
need to be installed with seperation front to back to get any bass responce.
YOur home speakers are alreasy boxed.

wrote in message
oups.com...
winkenstein,

Thank You.

I connected and the speakers did work. The sound is very clear but the
bass responce is very low compared to the actual big speakers for the
receiver. Will there be better bass when the speakers are actually
fitter in Car as rear speakers? Car is 1999 Toyota Camry.

Thanks

winkenstein

Scotty May 22, 3:32 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.audio.car
From: "Scotty" - Find messages by this author
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:32:54 +1000
original | Report Abuse

What speakers did you get? If they are just plain door type speakers
they
need to be installed with seperation front to back to get any bass
responce.
YOur home speakers are alreasy boxed.

scotty, is right on the money here,

the door acts as an enclosure,
if their rear deck speakers they
will sound bettter also mounted
on something- it helps to at least
hold them still

The speakers are ALPINE 6x9 ALPINE SPS-690A. bought on ebay for $32+$13
from buyessex. Crutchfield sells for $120+shp

They are for rear speakers which are the size 6x9 for my 1999 toyota
camry. Do you think the alpines will sound better and will have
better/same bass as factory speakers? The factory speakers are about
6.5 years old but not too bad.

Thanks.

winkenstein wrote:
Scotty May 22, 3:32 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.audio.car

Any recommendation for front speakers 6.75" round for 1999 toyota
camry?

TIA

I think most speakers performs not much different one model to other.
In these days,
the speaker model and manufacture have the same tech built into, so you
get the same
output. I did try many speaker based on price range, I noticed little
different from cheap one
to expensive one. Not only that, most speakers made in China. So most
chinese made speakers
speak the same tongue.

MZ

I think most speakers performs not much different one model to other.
In these days,
the speaker model and manufacture have the same tech built into, so you
get the same
output. I did try many speaker based on price range, I noticed little
different from cheap one
to expensive one. Not only that, most speakers made in China. So most
chinese made speakers
speak the same tongue.

Yeah, but you're an admitted racist, so what the hell do you know?

Why you think I was racist in anyways? Is not true that most speakers
are manufacture in China?
Actually more Alphine, Sony are assembled in China. I did not lie.

MZ

Why you think I was racist in anyways?

Because you spend half your time in here railing against Chinese people.
Or, as you've called them, "chinks". It's not surprising to see your
speaker recommendations to reflect your "hatred" (your word, not mine) for
them.

Is not true that most speakers
are manufacture in China?
Actually more Alphine, Sony are assembled in China. I did not lie.

No, there are a lot of speakers that are designed and constructed elsewhere.
But it doesn't matter much where they're manufactured anyway when all the
engineering is done elsewhere...

FasDeth

wrote in message

I recently baught used speakers Alpine SPS-690A from ebay and before
installing in car, I want to test them whether they are working fine.
The Alipnes are 4 Ohm speakers rated 60W RMS, 250W peak.

I have a SONT home theater receiver at home. The regular speakers for
it are 8 Ohm. Can I commect the Alpines to the receiver for testing?
Will damage the speakers?

TIA.

Keep the volume low.
Your receiver will almost double the output , and heat at 4 ohms..
So a 100w home receiver can damage your speakers.
Also your speakers will sound totally different in your car.. Response and
Volume.

-FD

Cyrus

In article 2a9oe.3117$mC.1937@okepread07, "FasDeth"
wrote:

wrote in message

I recently baught used speakers Alpine SPS-690A from ebay and before
installing in car, I want to test them whether they are working fine.
The Alipnes are 4 Ohm speakers rated 60W RMS, 250W peak.

I have a SONT home theater receiver at home. The regular speakers for
it are 8 Ohm. Can I commect the Alpines to the receiver for testing?
Will damage the speakers?

TIA.

Keep the volume low.
Your receiver will almost double the output , and heat at 4 ohms..
So a 100w home receiver can damage your speakers.
Also your speakers will sound totally different in your car.. Response and
Volume.

-FD

And/or connect an 1.5v AA battery to its terminals. If the cone moves,
the driver is functioning. How well it functions depends on the brand
and enclosure it sits in.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*