Posted to rec.audio.tech
Paul (NCC/CS). Paul (NCC/CS). is offline

Default Bedini 100/100 restoration.[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi,
I've recently bought a Bedini 100/100 power amp
that has only one channel working. Before I trace
out the circuit from the PCB's, does anyone out there
have a copy of the circuit schematic diagram please?
( or even a similar bedini )

Much appreciate any help.
you can email me off list if you like:

cheers,
Paul.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Fri, 09 May 2008 13:58:20 +1000, "Paul (NCC/CS)."
wrote:

I've recently bought a Bedini 100/100 power amp
that has only one channel working. Before I trace
out the circuit from the PCB's, does anyone out there
have a copy of the circuit schematic diagram please?
( or even a similar bedini )

Hoping to not be too negative, (just turned on my TV;
Paris Hilton is on Letterman, and I'm rooting for
Ms. Hilton on moral grounds) but my one and only
phone contact with Mister Bedini wasn't encouraging.

His explanation of the huge levels of crossover distortion
in both channels of his (contemporary, many years ago)
amplifier wouldn't have appeased a third grader. Total BS.

My strongly held suggestion is to trace out the circuit
and to then begin an examination of how the amplifier
should have been made. Then make the Bedini like that.

All the best fortune,

Chris Hornbeck
"It's for compatibility with 8-Track."
-scott
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Paul[_14_] Paul[_14_] is offline

My goodness, i'm starting to get the picture!

"He does not work from a circuit diagram, though he knows how to read
them and compose them. For him, the positioning and balancing of
components comes as naturally as one who is gifted at playing the piano
by ear. He can "compose on the fly."

http://peswiki.com/index.php/PowerPedia:John_Bedini

is this for real?

this could be a bizarre ride.

any other tips ?

chs,
Paul.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] JamesGangNC@gmail.com is offline

wrote:

[...]

* -scott- Hide quoted text -

Sound more like a religion that technology. But maybe it's valuable
as a collectors item. Check the ebay sales.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Good insight. A certain high end reviewer once called Bedini one of the high
priests of audio.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] JamesGangNC@gmail.com is offline

On May 12, 7:38*pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

priests of audio.- Hide quoted text -

If I was going to worship at the alter of audio I think I'd vote for
Pass as the high priest. His ideas seem to be based on accepted
theory.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Barry Streets Barry Streets is offline

In the years that I used to go to the CES show in Las Vegas, the times I
listened and talked with John Bedini, I felt he would fit right in with the
vegas faithful.

On his amplifiers, he bragged that by grinding off the tops of the power
transistors and filling them with his magic compound they sounded better. As
I remember all of his designs were based on quasi-compentry designs. But its
been many years since I've seen the insides of any of his designs.

Barry Streets

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Paul wrote:

My goodness, i'm starting to get the picture!

"He does not work from a circuit diagram, though he knows how to read
them and compose them. For him, the positioning and balancing of
components comes as naturally as one who is gifted at playing the piano
by ear. He can "compose on the fly."

http://peswiki.com/index.php/PowerPedia:John_Bedini

is this for real?

Of course. Bedini is also the super-genius behind the line of CD 'Clarifiers'.

http://www.bedini.com/

In other words, whatever skill he may ever have had as an engineer, these
days he's either a charlatan, or a kook.

--
-S
maybe they wanna rock.

FA: Bedini BA-803 amp tapin Marketplace 0 May 30th 07 11:43 PM
FA: Bedini B.A.S.E. Greg Bryant Pro Audio 4 August 3rd 06 07:25 PM
WTB; Bedini B.A.S.E david Pro Audio 2 April 26th 05 05:00 PM
Bedini 45/45 [email protected] Pro Audio 0 April 3rd 05 10:48 PM
WTB: Bedini 100/100 1 MEG tap1n Marketplace 0 December 28th 03 10:48 PM