Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Default long road back after the storm but finally there

HI folks,

was just emailing back and forth with Mike Rivers and he
mentioned I should let everyone know I"m still alive. Am
hoping this post actually propagates to the group g.

AS many of you know my wife and I were talking remote audio
truck starting last summer after Katrina and the fire that
resulted destroyed our home and all our gear.

WEll a few weeks ago we acquired a nice remote setup from a
fellow in HOuston. sOme of you have no doubt heard this
setup as it's done WILlie NElson and quite a few national
broadcasts.

A few thins yet to do, go get the hd recorder next week,
take the console to the guy who specializes in them in
Nashville when the mechanic gets done with some more
essentials on the truck and a third crew person to hire from
the MEmphis area.

Rig is an MCI 600 series console with plenty of patchbay;
JBL 4411 monitoring as well as the ubiquitous Yamahas we all
have these hate/love relationships with depending on who you
are.
tHere is 54 channels of 3-way split with JEnsen xformers,
some reasonable compression, 8 channels worth, set up to
interface with the TV broadcast world properly. GOod
facilities for getting A.C. mains power into the truck.
RTS intercom, a couple of audio distribution amps, QSC and
Crown power for speakers.
WE expect to be ready to actually roll on jobs this fall.
cOnsole was recapped and op-amps upgraded, but it's sat for
awhile so the expert's going to go through it for us in a
couple of weeks. I'm hoping I can spend most of that time
looking over his shoulder to learn a thing or three.
Just thought I"d drop a note to the group to let folks know
it's finally coming back together. IT's been a long uphll
fight.

rEgards,

Richard webb,
Replace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real
email address.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Agent 86[_2_] Agent 86[_2_] is offline

Glad to hear things are finally coming together for you, Richard. Good
luck!

You've been sorely missed on RAP.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

Hey Richard,

Got your second e-mail but not your first. Glad to see you're recovering nicely.

DM