Romeo Rondeau

Default Heads Up, Mates: abuse2shaw.ca Do it Now.

You know, you may have a beef with a couple of people on here, but your
posting the binaries is screwing with everybody. Is it your intention to
ruin it for everybody? There are hundreds of people that read this group
that haven't done anything to you at all. Why mess with them?

"Category V UTP" wrote in message
COMPLAIN NOW YOU WORTHLESS SCUMSUCKING VERMON! DO IT NOW......KEEP DOING
IT!

.

What is the advantage of using nero over cloneCD. Does one program work
better than the other?

LeBaron & Alrich

Default Audio compression

Kelly Lincoln wrote:

Category, This whole defensive attitude of yours is really silly. You
accidently posted a binary to a non-binary group. uhm, you DO know hwat
a binary is, don't you?

Since several have been posted by this character, and not all the same,
there is no way it could have been "accidental". And his attitude is not
"defensive"; it is offensive in several senses of that word.

--
ha

Category V UTP

Amazing how I haven't received even a single email from shaw.

YOU BETTER SEND ANOTHER COMPLAIN ****HEAD!

What is better for playing audio files....realplayer or windows media player?

Category V UTP

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message
You know, you may have a beef with a couple of people on here, but your
posting the binaries is screwing with everybody. Is it your intention to
ruin it for everybody? There are hundreds of people that read this group
that haven't done anything to you at all. Why mess with them?

Tell it to the people that started the flame war and are continuing it with
harrassment posts!

"Category V UTP" wrote in message
COMPLAIN NOW YOU WORTHLESS SCUMSUCKING VERMON! DO IT NOW......KEEP DOING
IT!

.

What is the advantage of using nero over cloneCD. Does one program work
better than the other?

Category V UTP

I WILL NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY YOU ASSHOLES. YOU WILL GET THAT THROUGH YOUR
THICK HEADS SOONER OR LATER.

Is CloneCD good for copying audio cds?

S O'Neill

LeBaron & Alrich wrote:
Kelly Lincoln wrote:

Category, This whole defensive attitude of yours is really silly. You
accidently posted a binary to a non-binary group. uhm, you DO know hwat
a binary is, don't you?

Since several have been posted by this character, and not all the same,
there is no way it could have been "accidental". And his attitude is not
"defensive"; it is offensive in several senses of that word.

Right. And in fact, that points to the first binary as being
intentional. Notice all the binary posts end with some dumb audio
question, probably for the purpose of claiming to be on-topic when they
yank his account on Monday.

Category V UTP

**** YOU TROLL!

YOU ARE THE ONE OFFENSIVELY STARTING WITH ME!

GO TO HELL!

Is windows media player good for playback of regular audio files?

Category V UTP

They will not be "yanking" any accounts idiot. Shaw gets THOUSANDS of emails from snivelling cowards like yourself that start flame wars and then run to the isp of the person you are flaming to make complaints when they retaliate. Shaw will simply block your email account so they don't have to sift through your drivel.

I would like to know if the audio quality of Windows media player is superiour to that of Quick time....what are the opinions of the group?

Scott Dorsey

Category V UTP wrote:

They will not be "yanking" any accounts idiot. Shaw gets THOUSANDS of =
emails from snivelling cowards like yourself that start flame wars and =
then run to the isp of the person you are flaming to make complaints =
when they retaliate. Shaw will simply block your email account so they =
don't have to sift through your drivel.

Sadly this is probably true. It's rather depressing seeing the kind
of stuff that is tolerated by ISPs these days, and the backbone sites
just stand by and watch.

Not that it's a real problem for me, since the binary posts get dumped
several hops upstream of me, but it's still depressing to see these
days.

S O'Neill

Category V UTP wrote:

Shaw gets THOUSANDS of emails from snivelling cowards like yourself
that start flame wars and then run to the isp of the person you are
flaming to make complaints when they retaliate.

What exactly did *I* do for you to retaliate? I answered your question,
I asked you to be nice, I complained to your ISP when you threatened to
nuke me; I mean, what's wrong with any of that?

The guy at Shaw thought the nuke picture was pretty cool but agreed that
you violated their AUP. And you've been told about the newsgroup FAQ
and haven't stopped, which is another violation, according to him.

And I noticed that a bunch of your nuke pix and the threat (which the
guy at Shaw agreed was a third violation) have been deleted, did you
delete them?

Category V UTP

What is sad is how a worthless ****head like yourself continues to make
posts with no intention other than to harrass and annoy! I would love
nothing more than to get a pathetic little coward like yourself in person.

Do they make mp3 players with powerful amplifiers?

Category V UTP

Dave, you are just another braindead troll. Do you ever make a post that has
some relevance to the newsgroup title?

How do they make mp3 files so small?

Category V UTP

"S O'Neill" wrote in message
Category V UTP wrote:

Shaw gets THOUSANDS of emails from snivelling cowards like yourself
that start flame wars and then run to the isp of the person you are
flaming to make complaints when they retaliate.

What exactly did *I* do for you to retaliate?

You started harrassing me you stupid ****! I didn't even know who you were
untill you began your off-topic, nonsense posts!

I answered your question,

You didn't answer ****! You are simple another jackass troll that should be
banned from the newsgroups!

Pooh Bear

Kelly Lincoln wrote:

Category V UTP wrote:

Ojunk, How you would like your gay neck broken?

Sure sounds loike a threat to me, Ojunk,n ad i'm simply a lurker/newbie
to the recording field....

I love snivelling little cowards like you that talk big behind your
computer. If only I could get my hands around your little weasel neck!

Category, This whole defensive attitude of yours is really silly. You
accidently posted a binary to a non-binary group. uhm, you DO know hwat
a binary is, don't you? you were politely asked to check the config of
your newsreader. You seem to have a huge bug up your ass about it.

and to answer your question, compressing to mp3 or AAC "mp4" (smaller
file higher quality) the only problem with AAC is that most mp3 players
(if not all) do not recognize the format.

All this and from a girl...

Hail Me.

What a delighfully pleasant, on-topic and non-presumptive response to the
poster who is, to say the least, an asshole !

I Hail you !

Graham

Category V UTP

Graham....did you turn gay before or after your stepdaddy started ****ing
your ass? Only a complete loser homosexual would want to jump into a flame
war such as you have done.

What is the best brand of portable mp3 player on the market today......Sony?
Panasonic?

Pooh Bear

Default OT: Audio compression

S O'Neill wrote:

Also, notice that most (not all) of the pix he's posted have been
canceled. I've already sent some of them to his ISP, so that won't do
him any good.

You're not alone.

Characters like him are the pimple on the backside of Usenet.

I've already had one reply from Shaw - expecting another.

I'm pleased the binaries have been cancelled, Hadn't been here in a while
to check. I explicitly requested that in my last post to them.

Regds, Graham

Pooh Bear

Ben Bradley wrote:

Can't newsmasters block posts/stop peering/feeds with shaw.ca until
and unless they get their act together?

I have in the past needed to complain about newsgroup 'flooding'. About a year
ago in fact.

Many ISPs were very helpful.

IIRC Shaw were one of the best.

I recently received this reply from them..... it was a very rapid response too
- within a couple of hours.

Thank you for your information regarding the alleged violation of Shaw
High-Speed Internet Acceptable Use Policy.

Based on the information provided, we have identified the offending computer
and will take appropriate action(s).

These actions may be:
- Issue a warning by email indicating a complaint has been registered
- Issue a warning that service may be suspended if activity continues
- Suspend or terminate Shaw High-Speed Internet connection to customer

If your message is in regard to any threat of violence, bodily harm, or other
danger, please contact your local Law Enforcement Authorities immediately!
If you feel this case also consists of illegal activity, we encourage you to
issue a formal complaint with your local Law Enforcement Authorities.
If warranted, Shaw High-Speed Internet will cooperate fully with the Law
Enforcement Authorities involved.

Our AUP can be located at https://secure.shaw.ca/policy/Use-Policy.asp for
reference.

Acceptable Use Policy Management Team
Shaw High-Speed Internet Service
Shaw Cablesystems G.P.
2400 - 32nd Avenue N.E.
Calgary, Alberta T2E 9A7
Telephone: (403)750-7420
Facsimile: (403)539-6831
(sl)

https://secure.shaw.ca/policy/Use-Policy.asp

Please include all previous correspondence when replying

So, if no result soon, you know where to send your complaints.

Regds, Graham

Category V UTP

COMPLAIN AGAIN COCKSUCKER!!!

IM GETTING ****ED OFF THAT YOU'RE GETTING MORE ATTENTION FROM MY ISP THAN I
AM.....COMPLAIN AGAIN....I AM ORDERING YOU TO DO SO!

now then........What is the best commercially available software for burning
audio cds?

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
S O'Neill wrote:

Also, notice that most (not all) of the pix he's posted have been
canceled. I've already sent some of them to his ISP, so that won't do
him any good.

You're not alone.

Characters like him are the pimple on the backside of Usenet.

I've already had one reply from Shaw - expecting another.

I'm pleased the binaries have been cancelled, Hadn't been here in a while
to check. I explicitly requested that in my last post to them.

Regds, Graham

Category V UTP

ROFL......YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON!
YOU RECEIVED A SIMPLE SHAW FORM LETTER THAT GOES OUT ANY TIME MAIL COMES
IN.......A HUMAN PROBABLY HAS NOT EVEN SEEN YOUR PATHETIC WHINING EMAIL.

Truth be known.....shaw will eventually review the complaints and see that
the only parties transgressing proper newsgroup ettiquette are you jackasses
that keep harrassing me for no good reason. They will block your email
address. Ever hear of the story "never cry wolf"?

Where is a good place to go to buy a portable mp3 player?

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
Ben Bradley wrote:

[...]

Pooh Bear

Category V UTP wrote:

Graham....did you turn gay before or after your stepdaddy started ****ing
your ass? Only a complete loser homosexual would want to jump into a flame
war such as you have done.

Seems like you're speaking for yourself.

I may be mistaken, but actually I thought that commenting positively on the post
of a *girl* - LOL - was unlikely to be the action of bum bandit like you.

TTFN

Scott Dorsey

Ben Bradley wrote:

Can't newsmasters block posts/stop peering/feeds with shaw.ca until
and unless they get their act together? I'm sure they could have/did
do this sort of thing many years ago, but nowadays Usenet is a mostly
neglected part of most ISP's services, and many of them couldn't care
less what goes through their newsgroup servers.

This is called UDP, the Usenet Death Penalty. It's only been done a few
times in the whole history of usenet, and only for very egregious offenders
that harbour a large number of abusive customers, who have usually already
been bumped by a couple upstream sites.

But then, I'm the guy whose site lost connectivity because my signature
file was too long in 1987. It's been a long time since anything like
that has happened.

I was recently reading about 1993 (before my time on Usenet) being
the year when the September-without-end started. I can see where this
thread is just a continuation of that.

Yeah, pretty much. In my opinion, the reason for the Endless September
has more to do with admins than users, though. ISPs are reluctant to
get rid of paying customers on the whole.

Andrew M.

Why don't you e-mail these directly to the people that you have a
problem with? Why take this out on the rest of us? Your personal battles
mean NOTHING to most of us here.

Category V UTP wrote:

What is sad is how a worthless ****head like yourself continues to make
posts with no intention other than to harrass and annoy! I would love
nothing more than to get a pathetic little coward like yourself in person.

Do they make mp3 players with powerful amplifiers?

Ty Ford

Default Audio compression...thanks graham & another solution

Graham, et al,

Good work. The only other suggestion I have is to simply not respond. We've
seen this person's need FOR repsonse. If he's ignored, he'll evaporate. He
obviously doesn't want to be HERE anyway and is just looking for someplace
to dump his misguided aggression.

Regards,

Ty Ford

In Article , Pooh Bear
wrote:
Ben Bradley wrote:

[...]

**Until the worm goes away, I have put "not" in front of my email address.
Please remove it if you want to email me directly.
For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

Category V UTP

I don't need a response from you idiot. You are nothing more than are
juvenile delinquent troll that posts to harrass and annoy. I have
complained to your isp for your numerous off-topic posts. Hopefully they
will respond and pull the plug on you.

How many songs can a typical blank dvd hold?

Category V UTP

If you knew how to read "Scott", you would see that you are the one at fault
here. I understand you are significantly below average where intelligence is
concerned, so I will try to use small words.

I am the news poster

You are the troll that continues to make off topic posts with the sole
purpose of harrassment

I have contacted your isp and hopefully they will deny you service.

what is the size (in MB) of the average song in mp3 format

Category V UTP

Preach your gospel to the idiot trolls that continue to harrass me Andrew.

I will not be intimidated by the numerous half-witted losers that started
and are perpetuating this flame war.

I have started complaining to their isps as well. Some of them should be
losing their accounts soon

are audio tracks burnt onto cdrs with chemicals? Or are physical grooves
being burnt?

Category V UTP

Naw, I'm speaking for you loser! I know you are the kind of guy that likes
it in the ass. You made that obvious. Did your daddy not give you enough
attention as a boy? (Or maybe too much of the wrong kind of attention...lol)

Is that why you like to stalk men in newsgroups?

what is a good sound card to buy for my notebook computer that will give me
4 channels?

Vladan

What I know, I posted a message to a group "Music -a band-" saying
listen to my music, having the "music" as on topic excuse. Moderator
sent me a message saying: I've reported you to your ISP due to
offtopic posting in the group/ violating terms from charter (?).
Ofcourse, i told that moderator to **** his stupid self, but the next
day message from my ISP came saying: "If you post off topic to "Music
-a band" again, we'll terminate your account. I've explained the
situation, but they've told me not to stear too much because they're
to terminate me uppon 2nd complaint _by default_, than ask questions,
if any.
Vladan
www.geocities.com/vla_dan_l
www.mp3.com/lesly , www.mp3.com/shook , www.mp3.com/lesly2
www.kunsttick.com/artists/vuskovic/indexdat.htm
Category V UTP

The fact is....I am not doing anything wrong. It is these jackass trolls
that should all have their newsgroups access revoked for harrassment and off
topic posting.

This faggot "Richard Web" does not own this newsgroup. In fact, the moron is
not even a moderator.....so he was COMPLETELY out of line with his rude post
about my binaries. Obviously, all the beatings that the creten must have
sustained over the years did not teach him to use manners.

"Vladan" wrote in message
What I know, I posted a message to a group "Music -a band-" saying
listen to my music, having the "music" as on topic excuse. Moderator
sent me a message saying: I've reported you to your ISP due to
offtopic posting in the group/ violating terms from charter (?).
Ofcourse, i told that moderator to **** his stupid self, but the next
day message from my ISP came saying: "If you post off topic to "Music
-a band" again, we'll terminate your account. I've explained the
situation, but they've told me not to stear too much because they're
to terminate me uppon 2nd complaint _by default_, than ask questions,
if any.
Vladan
www.geocities.com/vla_dan_l
www.mp3.com/lesly , www.mp3.com/shook , www.mp3.com/lesly2
www.kunsttick.com/artists/vuskovic/indexdat.htm

Scott Dorsey

Category V UTP wrote:
The fact is....I am not doing anything wrong. It is these jackass trolls
that should all have their newsgroups access revoked for harrassment and off
topic posting.

No, you're posting binaries. That's not only pretty wrong, it's also rude.

Now, sometimes you need to send binary files to people, That can be
important. It's like of like urinating. Everybody has to take a **** now
and then.

Discussion groups are sort of like a bar. They are a place where people go
to sit around and discuss things. That's why they call it a discussion
group.

If you walk into a bar and start taking a whiz all over the floor, people
will be justifiably angry and they will start yelling at you. They might
not be polite. They expect that you understand that this is not proper
behaviour.

This faggot "Richard Web" does not own this newsgroup. In fact, the moron is
not even a moderator.....so he was COMPLETELY out of line with his rude post
about my binaries. Obviously, all the beatings that the creten must have
sustained over the years did not teach him to use manners.

No, he was entirely in order, as are all the other people who are talking
about your constant flouting of Usenet rules. The reason we have binary
groups is so that large binary files can be sequestered in appropriate places
and only servers that have the bandwidth will be forced to carry them. If
you post binaries there, that's fine. Posting them here is like taking a
whiz at the bar rail. Normal people do not do this.
Category V UTP

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Category V UTP wrote:
The fact is....I am not doing anything wrong. It is these jackass trolls
that should all have their newsgroups access revoked for harrassment and

off
topic posting.

No, you're posting binaries.

Wrong Scott. I posted ONE binary, and that was because I didn't know it
wasn't proper etiquitte in newsgroups. All that was required was a polite
post letting me know that simple text is what should be used. That did not
happen.

Now, sometimes you need to send binary files to people, That can be
important. It's like of like urinating. Everybody has to take a **** now
and then.

Again, you continue to miss the point Scott. This whole thing has got ****
ALL to do with binary posting. It is about rude jackass trolls like Webbrain
that start flame wars to compensate for their personal problems.

If you walk into a bar and start taking a whiz all over the floor, people
will be justifiably angry and they will start yelling at you. They might
not be polite.

I didn't take any "whiz" on the floor idiot. I made an honest mistake of
posting in "rich text" vs "simple tex". Your analogy is evidence that you
have very limited mental ability.

Scott, guys like you are Richard are perfect internet weasels. You would get
your face bashed in if you talked like that in person......but on the
internet, you can get away with it.

What you idiots need to undestand.....and I will make you understand
eventually......is that YOU DO NOT OWN THIS NEWSGROUP! In fact.....you are
**** ALL. You have no additional rights or privelleges above newer posters
such as myself.

Have a nice day!

How many hours of audio mp3 files can I fit on a single cdr?

Tony Roe

Yes, it's unfortunate that all posts can't be polite - many patrons of Scott's
bar might well be quite rude when someone comes in to urinate (as they're sick
of that happening), even if it's the offender's first time. But around here too,
the offender wouldn't get very far by explaining that he didn't know, it was his
first offence, etc. The best thing he can really do is to cop the criticism on
the chin, learn from it, and move on. Because in that bar, he'll NEVER be able
to justify such a rude act, nor will any level of criticism of that act be seen
as too strong.

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 02:10:01 GMT, "Category V UTP"
wrote:

[...]

Tony (remove "_" from email address to reply)
Category V UTP

I don't have to "cop the criticism on the chin" Tony. I would KNOCK someone
on the chin if this was occurring in a bar. The lesson here is for the
trolls that started harrassing and flaming me.

****
[...]

Do dvds record audio the same way that cdrs do?

LeBaron & Alrich

Scott Dorsey wrote:

The reason we have binary
groups is so that large binary files can be sequestered in appropriate places
and only servers that have the bandwidth will be forced to carry them. If
you post binaries there, that's fine. Posting them here is like taking a
whiz at the bar rail. Normal people do not do this.

The last guy I saw do that is now 86'd from the local hang. Nobody feels
any pain.

--
ha

On 2003-10-20 said:
The fact is....I am not doing anything wrong. It is these

jackass trolls that should all have their newsgroups access

revoked for harrassment and off
topic posting.

No, you're posting binaries.

Wrong Scott. I posted ONE binary, and that was because I didn't
know it wasn't proper etiquitte in newsgroups. All that was
required was a polite post letting me know that simple text is what
should be used. That did not happen.

FOol, you've posted numerous binaries to this newsgroup over the last
few days.

the original warning you got was quite politely worded and told you
that you'd have to figure out how to configure your software if you
weren't sure. NOthing rude about that.

Now, sometimes you need to send binary files to people, That can
be important. It's like of like urinating. Everybody has to
take a **** now and then.

Again, you continue to miss the point Scott. This whole thing has
got **** ALL to do with binary posting.

THose binaries go via email or to newsgroups which welcome binaries,
not to discussion groups such as rec.audio.pro while we're on the
subject.

YOur original question was about audio compression. NOte that Ty FOrd
records voice-overs and narration and no doubt has to ship compressed
audio files over the net for clients. He'd be one of those who could
advise you best about which forms of audio compression soudn better,
but you've already insulted him in this stupid thread.

How many hours of audio mp3 files can I fit on a single cdr?

Who cares!!! as the supposed email address says, mp3 sucks!!!

Another 14 year old lowlife music thief is what we have here folks.

NOte to spammers: SPam this email address while he still has access:

again that's

HEre's the only other response he should get from any regulars in this
newsgroup. INsulting MR. Dorsey is not taken kindly by many of us.
HE has more knowledge and has forgotten know than you'll ever learn
brat!

Anyway, here's the only response you should see in this stupid thread:

Dear:
[x Clueless Newbie
[ x ] Troller
[ ] "Me too"-er
[x] Inconsiderate poster
[ ] Spammer
[ x ] Dumbass
[ ] Racist
[ ] Expert on everything (EOE)
[ x ] Flamethrower
[] News Groupie

You Are Being Flamed Because:

[] You obviously don't know anything about the topic at hand
[ ] You are trying to make money on a non-commercial newsgroup
[ x ] You posted a picture (binary) in an unmoderated TEXT ONLY
news group (HTML is considered a binary)
[x ] You started a long, stupid thread
[x ] You continued spreading a long stupid thread
[ x ] You started a thread that has been discussed here continuously
for the last year and a half (audio compression has ben
done to death here! Check the google archives dumbass!
[] Your post is absurdly off topic for where you posted it
[ ] You didn't pay attention to the originating post header and
posted a follow-up to crossposted robot-generated spam
[ ] You posted a "test" in a discussion group rather than
in alt.test
[ x ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
[x ] You posted low-IQ flamebait
[x ] You posted a blatantly obvious troll
[ ] You followed up to a blatantly obvious troll
[ ] You said "X rules, Y sucks" and gave no support for your lame
statement
[ ] You said "me too" to something and added NOTHING to the
discussion
[x ] You make no sense
[ ] You posted the same text multiple times
[ ] You made a post yet failed to say anything
[ ] You posted a phone-sex ad
[] You posted "upside down" by just adding your comments to the
top of the previous post
[] You seem to dumb to learn to trim your posts
[ ] You posted a stupid pyramid money making scheme
[ ] You claimed a pyramid-scheme/chain letter for money was legal
[ ] Your margin settings (or lack of) make your post unreadable
[x ] You posted SCREAMING in RANDOM CAPS (OR IN ALL
CAPS) for NO APPARENT REASON
[] You posted a 1 line reply with PAGES of unnecessary quoted text
[ ] You didn't do anything specific, but appear to be so generally
worthless that you are being flamed anyway
[ ] You gave bad or dangerous advice
[] You crossposted to unrelated newsgroups

To Repent, You Must:

[x] Refrain from posting until you have a vague idea what you're
doing
[] READ every post in this group for two weeks so you can get an
idea about what is discussed here
[ ] Read every newsgroup you posted to for a week
[ ] Give up your AOL account
[ ] Give up your WebTV account
[] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
[x ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor (monitor must be
plugged in)
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Post to alt.test
[ ] Print your home phone number and address in your ads
[ ] Be the guest of honor in alt.flame for a month
[ ] Learn to format your posts properly so we can read them
[ ] Nothing, we'll let you go this time

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[x] Get a clue
[ ] Get a life
[x ] Go away
[x ] Grow up
[ ] Never post again
[ ] You need to seek psychiatric help
[x ] Like a neutered dog, you just don't get it
[x ] Take your gibberish somewhere else
[x ] Go back to school and actually learn something
[x ] Learn how to post or get off the Usenet
[] Don't take offense at this, I just like to use this form
[ ] All of the above

If microsoft made automobiles:
The seats would force everyone to have the same size ass.