Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Default nntp servers U.S. anyone?

HI folks,

wEll, appears At&T is shutting down nntp access in July this
part of the world. I know the nntp server in Berlin gets
high marks from many, but they're probably not going to be
happy dealing with somebody from stateside who wishes to
send them a money order or bank draft for some access.
NOpe, google is not an option.

Anybody know of good nntp servers stateside that might be
willing to deal with a man who doesn't play with plastic
money? An email contact or phone would be most helpful for
these folks.

Regards,

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:

Anybody know of good nntp servers stateside that might be
willing to deal with a man who doesn't play with plastic
money? An email contact or phone would be most helpful for
these folks.

Panix will take a check. They might want you to pay for a long time in
advance, but they will do it. And also they have the best customer service
of any ISP at any time. It's like being back in the eighties again.

They don't sell just pure nntp service, but for ten bucks a month you can
get a shell account, nntp service, mail service, etc.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:25:45 +0000, 0junk4me wrote:

HI folks,

wEll, appears At&T is shutting down nntp access in July this part of the
world.

Check out teranews.com. When I signed up many years ago, the deal was
free access in perpetuity for a one time payment of $3.00. With that
account I can download 50Meg of content per day.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill Les Cargill is offline

Les Cargill wrote:
wrote:

snip
I sit corrected. No more NNTP.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Les Cargill wrote:
I sit corrected. No more NNTP.

YEp, a bummer. THat's why I was asking about contact info.

GOt a couple of urls. AS of yet no browser with this thing.

wOrst comes to worst we'll switch isps, take MR. Dorsey's
suggestion.

google servers...? WillStG Pro Audio 0 March 17th 09 09:56 PM
Poll: Music servers Jenn[_3_] High End Audio 52 February 25th 09 05:49 PM
music servers Russ Button High End Audio 24 January 27th 06 01:24 AM
How about News Servers? John C. Audio Opinions 5 June 16th 05 03:18 PM