Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Default rack mount cd players anyone?

Looking to put something in the remote truck to handle this.
REliability most important, and no gewgaws and bs. Just
play the *@@@#$ disk, reliably.

wOUld be nice if I can cue a track and leave it in pause
without it coming out of pause. SImplicity and reliability
key factors.

Any suggestions for brands to have a look at these days
anyone?

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
Looking to put something in the remote truck to handle this.
REliability most important, and no gewgaws and bs. Just
play the *@@@#$ disk, reliably.

wOUld be nice if I can cue a track and leave it in pause
without it coming out of pause. SImplicity and reliability
key factors.

Any suggestions for brands to have a look at these days
anyone?

Sony makes a respectable 1U one although it has a car-style no-tray
mechanism. The others are all larger. Tascam makes a 2U one, Denon
makes a couple in their broadcast lines. All of them seem fine.

All the DJ companies sell them too. Avoid those.

I actually have a Philips CDB460 player screwed down to a Mid Atlantic
rack shelf. It's been kicked around for years and keeps running fine.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler[_2_] Paul Stamler[_2_] is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

Looking to put something in the remote truck to handle this.
REliability most important, and no gewgaws and bs. Just
play the *@@@#$ disk, reliably.

wOUld be nice if I can cue a track and leave it in pause
without it coming out of pause. SImplicity and reliability
key factors.

Any suggestions for brands to have a look at these days
anyone?

Sony makes a respectable 1U one although it has a car-style no-tray
mechanism. The others are all larger. Tascam makes a 2U one, Denon
makes a couple in their broadcast lines. All of them seem fine.

But they aren't. Specifically, the Tascams (which have car-style slots
rather than trays) are very persnickety about what discs they will accept,
whether they'll read the TOC properly, and (worst) whether they'll let go of
them when you push "Eject". They are, in fact, a disaster, in my experience
(which involves about half a dozen of them at our radio station). Steer
clear.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Paul Stamler wrote:

But they aren't. Specifically, the Tascams (which have car-style slots
rather than trays) are very persnickety about what discs they will accept,
whether they'll read the TOC properly, and (worst) whether they'll let go of
them when you push "Eject". They are, in fact, a disaster, in my experience
(which involves about half a dozen of them at our radio station). Steer
clear.

Have the Tascam broadcast ones with the trays been discontinued now, then?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Paul Stamler wrote:

But they aren't. Specifically, the Tascams (which have car-style slots
rather than trays) are very persnickety about what discs they will accept,
whether they'll read the TOC properly, and (worst) whether they'll let go
of
them when you push "Eject". They are, in fact, a disaster, in my
experience
(which involves about half a dozen of them at our radio station). Steer
clear.

Have the Tascam broadcast ones with the trays been discontinued now, then?

Yep. Even the recorders, if my catalogs are any indication.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
George's Pro Sound Company George's Pro Sound Company is offline

wrote in message
.. .
Looking to put something in the remote truck to handle this.
REliability most important, and no gewgaws and bs. Just
play the *@@@#$ disk, reliably.

wOUld be nice if I can cue a track and leave it in pause
without it coming out of pause. SImplicity and reliability
key factors.

Any suggestions for brands to have a look at these days
anyone?

I have a Tascam that is just wonderful Cd-01 I think
George

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2009-05-08 (ScottDorsey) said:
Looking to put something in the remote truck to handle this.
REliability most important, and no gewgaws and bs. Just
play the *@@@#$ disk, reliably.

Sony makes a respectable 1U one although it has a car-style no-tray
mechanism. The others are all larger. Tascam makes a 2U one, Denon
makes a couple in their broadcast lines. All of them seem fine.

MIght have a look, especially if local pro audio dealer
sells the sOny. I"d like 1u, easy enough to fit it in my
i/o and signal processing rack, otherwise it'll have to go
in the rack with recorder.

All the DJ companies sell them too. Avoid those.
I actually have a Philips CDB460 player screwed down to a Mid
Atlantic rack shelf. It's been kicked around for years and keeps
running fine.

wOuld rather avoid that if I can. Just see too many with
multiple disk playback and all this extra stuff I don't
need. Many of them area also a pita to cue up and leave
armed ready for the cue. AS hasslke free as possible if I"m
having to mix for broadcast and bring in incidental music or
something else from a cd.

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2009-05-08 said:
Any suggestions for brands to have a look at these days
anyone?

Sony makes a respectable 1U one although it has a car-style
no-tray mechanism. The others are all larger. Tascam makes a 2U
one, Denon makes a couple in their broadcast lines. All of them

seem fine.
But they aren't. Specifically, the Tascams (which have car-style
slots rather than trays) are very persnickety about what discs they
will accept, whether they'll read the TOC properly, and (worst)
whether they'll let go of them when you push "Eject". They are, in
fact, a disaster, in my experience (which involves about half a
dozen of them at our radio station). Steer clear.

Thanks Paul! Just the sort of info I"m looking for. wHen I
need to put one to work I need reliability and not a pita.
IF production folks hand me a disk with incidental music for
playback I don't want a pita and a problem. Cue the track,
roll it when appropriate, push the damn fader up, fade it
out and no hassles. I've enough things to worry about
without fighting something as simple as a cd player that
won't do what it's suppsoed to with the media I've been
provided.

Again, thanks for the heads up!!!

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2009-05-08 said:
play the *@@@#$ disk, reliably.
wOUld be nice if I can cue a track and leave it in pause
without it coming out of pause. SImplicity and reliability
key factors.
Any suggestions for brands to have a look at these days
anyone?

http://www.bhphotovideo.
com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=263049&Q=&is=REG&A =details
I got an earlier version of this, and it's been problem free for a
long time, and it has a digital out to boot.
You'd have to check on the pause thang 'tho. I've never had mine
pop out of pause.
Only wierd thing is the remote control is a separate item, it does
not ship with one. Sounds good too.

sO what's the brand name and model number. I could call B &
H photo video in NEw York and arrange to have one shipped,
but I might be able to deal closer if another company sells
as well. CAn't follow your link.
Nntp telnet etc. access only with this system.
Digital out isn't high on my list of priorities, not for
this application anyway g.
Remote's okay, but can live without it. Rack which it would
be mounted in is within arm's reach of operator at right
hand of console.

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania

Posted to rec.audio.pro
david correia david correia is offline

On 2009-05-08
said:
[...]

Denon DN-C615 Professional CD and CD-R/RW Player with MP3 Decoder $329.
Call any pro audio dealer.

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com