Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Dual Podium Mics

On 2007-11-14 said:
Each year, I am show director for a Grammy-type live show. Since
there are two presenters at the podium at times, we have dual
Shure 18" hypercardioid or supercardioid mics (I forget the exact
model number at the moment.)

snippage
Please go into detail.

YEs, some more details would sure help us advise you in a
more constructive manner.
ONe fellow suggested hedsets, but this is not a viable
alternative as I see it. PResenters probably change
frequently, and the fiddling with the headsets etc. would be
more problematic. THis one is soluble without that
methinks.

Are you saying that if a person moves to a point halfway between
the 2 mics the audiance cannot hear them yet the recording is fine?
Do the people talk loudly or do they speak softly expecting the PA
to do all the work?
Where are the main PA speakers? Are they behind the podium?
Overhead center cluster? Hint: if you can see the speakers horn
when standing at a microphone you are probably in trouble to start
with.
Are stage monitors used?

All good questions. Indications I get from the op are that
recording is fine on the video but room sound isn't
acceptable. LIke to hear more about the room as well as the
questions TIm asks.

Richard webb,
Replace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real
email address.

Great audio is never heard by the average person, but bad
audio is heard by everyone.