Posted to rec.audio.pro
Big Craigie

Default OT Programming Casio CZ1000

A little bit Off Topic but just thought I'd pass it on. I've decided to
re-record some Or most of my old recordings I did away back in 1985 - 87
when I had a Fostex X15 4 track machine. My only synth was my CZ101 and had
crappy Accessit Reverbs or even worse Tandy Realistic (Radio Shack)
"reverb".
Anyway, now that I have transferred the tracks onto PC, synced them up,
tuned them etc I'm now trying to put in all the old sounds I used on the CZ,
I now have a CZ1000 which itself is a million years old. And I still have a
my trusty folder full of patches written down on charts. Strange as it may
seem, I find it soothing, entering in the data, just using up and down
buttons etc.
Secondly, I've tried finding direct sounding replacemnets within the VSTi's
that I have and yet none match the CZ.
Funny old game.
BC

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Malachi

"Big Craigie" wrote in message
[...]

Oh MAN, nostalgia. I had a CZ100 too and my first multitrack was a Fostex
X-15. I gave the CZ away but I still have the Fostex tucked away in my
basement. Lately I was toying with the idea of bouncing my old cassette
four track masters into my PT rig and archiving them just for sentimental
value.

I actually got a jingle on the radio in Pittsburgh in the early 80's that I
recorded on the Fostex.

Fostex - Casio - Generic Mac-'n-Cheese - minimum wage...

I'm getting misty eyed.

malachi

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Predrag Trpkov

[...]

1985..... Fostex X-15........Casio CZ101.......... ..........Ahhhh

The VST instruments not only rarely come close to sounding like old analog
synths from 20 years ago, despite trying hard, they are also unlikely to
bring such warm and fuzzy memories 20 years from now.

Predrag

Predrag

Posted to rec.audio.pro
philicorda

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:59:55 +0000, Big Craigie wrote:

A little bit Off Topic but just thought I'd pass it on. I've decided to
re-record some Or most of my old recordings I did away back in 1985 - 87
when I had a Fostex X15 4 track machine. My only synth was my CZ101 and
had crappy Accessit Reverbs or even worse Tandy Realistic (Radio Shack)
"reverb".
Anyway, now that I have transferred the tracks onto PC, synced them up,
tuned them etc I'm now trying to put in all the old sounds I used on the
CZ, I now have a CZ1000 which itself is a million years old. And I still
have a my trusty folder full of patches written down on charts. Strange as
it may seem, I find it soothing, entering in the data, just using up and
down buttons etc.
Secondly, I've tried finding direct sounding replacemnets within the
VSTi's that I have and yet none match the CZ. Funny old game.

Have you tried out the Rob Papen Blue vsti? It's a lot of fun for phase
distortion synthesis.

Funny thing is though, I was considering buying it, then realised I could
buy a hardware casio VZ10m rack off ebay for less than a VSTi!
The hardware takes no cpu use, has very low latency, is rock solid, and
does not care what OS I am using.

It sounds rather groovy too, with that dirty edge that the cz101 has, and
you can make stupider algorithms than were possible with the
implementation of phase distortion on the cz101.

BC

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jonathan Roberts

"Big Craigie" wrote:

now have a CZ1000

The first synth I was able to afford ... there were some solo sounds it
could get that I've not been able to match with anything else I've come
across, not to mention some of the wonderful clangorous tones.

I also had a piano patch I called "CZteinway." Sounded a LITTLE like a
piano, if you recorded it from down the hall and had a pillow over the
mic.

And of course the CZimmons drum patches ...

--
"Coloured and animated, the concerts and spectacles are as many
invitations to discover the universes of musicians and artists

Programming a HP 83651B Synthesized Sweeper [email protected] Tech 1 February 1st 06 11:36 PM
Sony CD programming Engineer Tech 0 June 26th 05 04:22 PM
Professional Data Recovery Book ( World's First Book on Professional Data Recovery Programming ) Author Tarun Tyagi Pro Audio 0 December 1st 04 04:46 PM
World's First Book on Professional Data Recovery Programming Author Tarun Tyagi Pro Audio 0 November 26th 04 05:13 PM
programming mp3 player + voice recorder for pocket pc (vb.net) ? Mad Scientist Jr Pro Audio 0 June 21st 04 08:31 PM