Mikey

Default Laptop options - Firewire or USB?

Hi group,
I'm considering making the leap to a laptop system for mobile work.
I'm wondering what you think is the better interface option - USB 2 or
firewire? I'm wanting to be able to record 16 channels at once (maybe
thru an Apogee AD16 or similar).

I know new products are still coming out for both interfaces. I wonder
what your prognostications are for future development (XP platform). I
want to be sure I get the right laptop configuration first, then worry
about A/D interface later.

Besides the USB/1394 question, what else should I look at in deciding
on a laptop?

Thanks,

Mikey Wozniak
Nova Music Productions