bayydogg

Default Nomad Jukebox 3, Sony Hi-MD not Mac compatible?

Are there any similar units compatible with Panther? I find that
people these days want a CD immediately after a live stereo recording
session. Fortunately, the Powerbook is excellent for the task, but I'd
like to record concurrently to a backup system. The Nomad and Sony are
good candidates if I were running a PC, because apparently you can
upload the wav or sony file to the computer. So, don't ask me to get a
DAT because that's real time, and don't suggest I get a PC. There's
got to be some low-cost consumer item that's OSX compatible, right?
Len Moskowitz

bayydogg wrote:

Are there any similar units compatible with Panther? I find that
people these days want a CD immediately after a live stereo recording
session. Fortunately, the Powerbook is excellent for the task, but I'd
like to record concurrently to a backup system. The Nomad and Sony are
good candidates if I were running a PC, because apparently you can
upload the wav or sony file to the computer. So, don't ask me to get a
DAT because that's real time, and don't suggest I get a PC. There's
got to be some low-cost consumer item that's OSX compatible, right?

Try an iRiver iHP-120 (about the size of an iPod, with USB 2.0
interface) with a Denecke AD-20 or one of our Mic2496s (dual mic
pre/A-to-D). Works fine with an iBook.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912

john smith

These guys make software to connect your Nomad Jukebox III to Mac:
http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/index.html

(and it's free)

"bayydogg" wrote in message
om...
Are there any similar units compatible with Panther? I find that
people these days want a CD immediately after a live stereo recording
session. Fortunately, the Powerbook is excellent for the task, but I'd
like to record concurrently to a backup system. The Nomad and Sony are
good candidates if I were running a PC, because apparently you can
upload the wav or sony file to the computer. So, don't ask me to get a
DAT because that's real time, and don't suggest I get a PC. There's
got to be some low-cost consumer item that's OSX compatible, right?

Kurt Albershardt

john smith wrote:
These guys make software to connect your Nomad Jukebox III to Mac:
http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/index.html

(and it's free)

Wow--anybody tried this?

bayydogg

well, there you go. this might be the ticket. thanks.

"john smith" wrote in message thlink.net...
These guys make software to connect your Nomad Jukebox III to Mac:
http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/index.html

bayydogg

OK, folks, hold on. I just found a product that'll serve my purposes
precisely. It's the Edirol R-1 Portable 24-Bit WAVE Recorder & Player.
It records onto compact flash up to 2gb, and records stereo wav 16/44
and 24/44 as well as mp3. It runs on batteries or adapter, and has USB
2 transfer to Mac OSX and PC. Mic, line-in, built-in mic, spdif out,
headphone out, effects, etc. About $439 street. Specs look good.
Anybody use this already, and what do you think?