Posted to rec.audio.pro
Al Al is offline

Default Please help me configure a new Mac for DAW...

I'm new to Mac, but I'm going to buy a Mac Pro tower. I'll need to use
Bootcamp for my business software (Wincrap), but I also want to configure
this box for Logic. I need the new box now for business purposes, but won't
get to the recording process for about a year.

Do you guys have any suggestions/changes/comments at all regarding the
following configuration? What would you do differently and why? Am I
overbuying/underbuying for a basic but high quality DAW?

- Leopard
- (2) 2.8 GHZ Quad Core Intel Zeon Processors
- 4 gigs RAM
- no RAID card
- Drive 1 (internal 360 GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA)
- Drive 2 (internal 500 GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA)
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD
- 1 optical drive (16x)
- Apple 20" Cinema Display monitor
- Apple wireless mouse
- Apple wireless keyboard
- Airport extreme card (wi-fi)
- Logic Express 08 (to be upgraded later)

Also, should I buy the 3-year protection plan?

Thanks for helping a new Mac user out!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Lucky[_3_] Lucky[_3_] is offline

Al wrote:
[...]

What about an iMac and a separate Windoze box?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Al Al is offline

A few friends have told me that an iMac won't handle it. Besides, I don't
want any fan noise at all when I'm recording acoustic guitars. With a tower
I can put it in the next room. Do you use an iMac?

"Lucky" wrote in message
. ..
Al wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Lucky[_3_] Lucky[_3_] is offline

Al wrote:

A few friends have told me that an iMac won't handle it. Besides, I don't
want any fan noise at all when I'm recording acoustic guitars. With a tower
I can put it in the next room. Do you use an iMac?

Yup. No problem. But if you have the cash, go for the bigger better.

This is almost as portable as a MacBook, in terms of carrying it to a
remote situation.

configure fader control Bill Car Audio 2 April 10th 04 04:16 AM
Help Needed: How does one configure preamp voltage:amp's gain? Matt Bhame Car Audio 65 February 12th 04 04:01 PM
Main speakers with builtin subwoofer - How to configure receiver? Michael Harder Audio Opinions 0 October 28th 03 11:18 PM
Please help configure my subs with correct amps Dean Car Audio 1 September 1st 03 12:58 AM