Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] tubegarden@aol.com is offline

Default Can a cheap Chinese tube amp convert me to tubing?

Hi RATs!

Maybe. I buy lots of cheap ebay tube and SS amps. New Chinese and
vintage everything else. Music gets through most, pretty well.

Some stuff to try before you buy more audio junk:

1. Turn down your amp. Loud and good are spelled differently for a
reason.

2. Go to a real Hi-Fi shop with one of your favorite CDs and listen to
it. If it doesn't sound better, take up cross country skiing. You may
just love Music which is compressed out of any hope for decent
playback. Welcome to the Future

3. Get some good headphones. Headphones aren't for everyone, but they
will give you a peek at good sound for relatively cheap.

4. Get a girlfriend and let her pick out the stereo. It might sound
rotten, but, if you're smooth, you won't give a hang

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
thomas thomas is offline

eponymous cowherd wrote:
In article . com,
" wrote:

4. Get a girlfriend and let her pick out the stereo. It might sound
rotten, but, if you're smooth, you won't give a hang

I should have mentioned that I wasn't looking for a life coach.

In that case, you probably should not get a girlfriend.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 21:55:37 GMT, eponymous cowherd
wrote:

In article . com,
" wrote:

1. Turn down your amp.
4. Get a girlfriend

I should have mentioned that I wasn't looking for a life coach.

Still, it's the best advice you've received, or are likely to
receive here. Good luck; you'll obviously need it.

Chris Hornbeck