Posted to rec.audio.tubes
hyland hyland is offline

Default Need Help Selling Test Gear

I have two pieces that I need to sell. I have a tube HP 333A Distortion
Analyzer and a HP 1205B Oscilloscope that I do not need. I bought them
used a few years ago and I never really needed them. I have a
professional recording studio and my tech has his own gear so I actually
never used the pieces. They appear physically in great shape and I have
extensive manuals on both of them. Will sell separately. I have pix.
Should I try to sell them here and in other newsgroups or should I go
straight to ebay? Any thoughts or interested parties are appreciated.
Thanks. -T
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

hyland wrote:
I have two pieces that I need to sell. I have a tube HP 333A Distortion
Analyzer and a HP 1205B Oscilloscope that I do not need. I bought them
used a few years ago and I never really needed them. I have a
professional recording studio and my tech has his own gear so I actually
never used the pieces. They appear physically in great shape and I have
extensive manuals on both of them. Will sell separately. I have pix.
Should I try to sell them here and in other newsgroups or should I go
straight to ebay? Any thoughts or interested parties are appreciated.
Thanks. -T

If you sell them on eBay, you will be once-and-done with them. If you
sell them here (more-or-less anywhere on Usenet as it happens), you may
'own' them for a long time to come depending on your buyer. If you get
my drift.

Generally, if I want real money for something, I try to sell it
face-to-face, so the buyer may kick the tires if desired. If I am
selling a commodity-type item, eBay is fine. Careful, full and honest
descriptions, disclosures and terms cover those needs. Otherwise, I try
to give it away. Then there is no potential for strings attached.

Writing only for myself, I would not purchase test equipment unless
either the price was so low as to make even a bad unit OK, or I could
observe it in actual operation, or it came from an absolutely trusted
and known source.

Good luck with it, whatever decision you make.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches Iain Churches is offline

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message
oups.com...

hyland wrote:
[...]

I have bought a couple of HP 334A Distortion analyzers from E-Bay.
They are pretty easy to calibrate.

You should sell them as either "working but uncalibrated" or "Untested"

Good luck
Iain

Fiberglass speaker construction justin time Car Audio 53 February 24th 06 12:26 AM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
James Randi gets clarified on audio biz [email protected] High End Audio 170 October 13th 04 12:52 AM
A comparative versus evaluative, double-blind vs. sighted control test Harry Lavo High End Audio 10 February 12th 04 11:46 PM
Richman's ethical lapses Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 9 December 12th 03 08:16 AM