transducr

Default Recording school's Freudian slip?

I thought this was pretty funny and so I figured I'd share with the
rest of the class...

look at the little blurb directly under the spinning globe on the
upper-left hand side of the page:

http://www.audiotraining.com/index2.htm

enjoy!
jon
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"transducr" wrote in message om...
I thought this was pretty funny and so I figured I'd share with the
rest of the class...

look at the little blurb directly under the spinning globe on the
upper-left hand side of the page:

http://www.audiotraining.com/index2.htm

enjoy!
jon

Outstanding !!

I can't imagine that cheesy little hip-hop synth loop running on the
web site is the best they could create in the facility shown in the
pic. I'd much rather hear silence or a sales pitch.

Exiting my industry with fervor...

DM

Edward Bridge

HOw about a good school

I have a student who got a 1410 on his SAT two weeks ago. His parents want
to send him to a local school for Business . All he really wants to do , is
go to a sound production school..He can't leave New York , for reasons.
He's also a hell of a guitar player who can "rock the house" and play Bach
duets with his teacher (me!) He's a lifer musician.

I was thinking of TISCH .I could use some help on this, thank you.

--

Peace,
Ed Bridge

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:00:18 GMT, Edward Bridge
wrote:
HOw about a good school

I have a student who got a 1410 on his SAT two weeks ago. His parents want
to send him to a local school for Business . All he really wants to do , is
go to a sound production school..He can't leave New York , for reasons.
He's also a hell of a guitar player who can "rock the house" and play Bach
duets with his teacher (me!) He's a lifer musician.

I was thinking of TISCH .I could use some help on this, thank you.

I'd suggest he go to business school and take his internships in
recording studios.

He'll learn more about what he needs to know about recording from his
internship than he would in most schools, and he'll have some business
practices knowledge so he knows how to run a successful business.

Ben Bradley

On 10 Nov 2004 11:20:53 -0800,
(transducr) wrote:

I thought this was pretty funny and so I figured I'd share with the
rest of the class...

look at the little blurb directly under the spinning globe on the
upper-left hand side of the page:

http://www.audiotraining.com/index2.htm

Was that the place I heard advertised on radio when I lived up
therea couple years ago? ISTR it was WBAB, Long Island's pop/rock
station. The ad sounded like a super-sale car ad: "Now you can be in
the Exiting World of Audio Engineering!" (Uh, hey, on LI we pronounce
it 'ex-EYE-ting.' Take two...)

enjoy!
jon

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Don Cooper

transducr wrote:

look at the little blurb directly under the spinning globe on the
upper-left hand side of the page:

http://www.audiotraining.com/index2.htm

In through the out door!
Mike Caffrey

wrote:
HOw about a good school

I have a student who got a 1410 on his SAT two weeks ago. His parents want
to send him to a local school for Business . All he really wants to do , is
go to a sound production school..He can't leave New York , for reasons.
He's also a hell of a guitar player who can "rock the house" and play Bach
duets with his teacher (me!) He's a lifer musician.

I was thinking of TISCH .I could use some help on this, thank you.

I'd suggest he go to business school and take his internships in
recording studios.

He'll learn more about what he needs to know about recording from his
internship than he would in most schools, and he'll have some business
practices knowledge so he knows how to run a successful business.

That's a pretty good idea.

Getting an internship might be a little easier if you've gone to a
school. Then again someone with a real degree and skill might seem
verty attractive to a studio owner.

Edward Bridge

"Mike Caffrey" wrote in message
m...
"U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles" "Charles wrote in message

I know nil about recording studios or what they want in staff, but if I had
one , I would want a musician who study both music and sound productionand
did hours of intership . Am I off the mark?

Maybe I should fight hard to get this boy into music school (teaching
degree) and has good sound production courses.Sending him (not a bad ideal
for someone else) to business school is a kiss of death.for him. His parents
do own their own business , so he's not green.

He wants to be in sound production and play in his band, he mention teaching
music too.
Thank you for the advise about internship, I did'nt think of that at all. I
will tell him to start looking of internship now while in high school ,maybe
it will keep him out of trouble.

--
Peace,
Ed Bridge
Brooklyn N.Y.
http://www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com/

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On 11 Nov 2004 07:01:38 -0800, Paul wrote:

Getting an internship might be a little easier if you've gone to a
school. Then again someone with a real degree and skill might seem
verty attractive to a studio owner.

You might want to ask him if he prefers business or technology. He
could always go the route of engineering (software or hardware).
Doesn't hurt if you want to get into recording.

Assuming he has the math aptitude for Big E Engineering.

Ted Spencer

HOw about a good school

I can't claim first-hand knowledge of it, but from what I can gather, "music
production" (or words to that effect) majors at reputable music schools like
Berklee and Eastman can get pretty good educations in audio engineering.
Apparently a fair number of them have succeeded professionally afterwards. They
are also required to take some music classes as I understand it, which is a
good thing. There are a lot of musically talented students and professors at
those schools as well, so it's a good environment for learning to record music
in general. Best of luck.

Ted Spencer, NYC

"No amount of classical training will ever teach you what's so cool about
"Tighten Up" by Archie Bell And The Drells" -author unknown

Edward Bridge

/
"Ted Spencer" wrote in message
HOw about a good school

I can't claim first-hand knowledge of it, but from what I can gather,

"music
production" (or words to that effect) majors at reputable music schools

like
Berklee and Eastman can get pretty good educations in audio engineering.
Apparently a fair number of them have succeeded professionally afterwards.

They
are also required to take some music classes as I understand it, which is

good thing. There are a lot of musically talented students and professors

at
those schools as well, so it's a good environment for learning to record

music
in general. Best of luck.

Ted Spencer, NYC

Thanks Ted! I'll order the application. My wife graduated from there and
always was glad about how well they taught there.
--
Peace,
Ed Bridge
Brooklyn N.Y.
http://www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com

Edward Bridge

On 11 Nov 2004 07:01:38 -0800, Paul wrote:

Getting an internship might be a little easier if you've gone to a
school. Then again someone with a real degree and skill might seem
verty attractive to a studio owner.

You might want to ask him if he prefers business or technology. He
could always go the route of engineering (software or hardware).
Doesn't hurt if you want to get into recording.

Assuming he has the math aptitude for Big E Engineering.

yes , he does.. . it was his math that got him the SAT score , ha ha , his
spelling and grammar is almost as bad as mine . lol .

--
Peace,
Ed Bridge
Brooklyn N.Y.
http://www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com/

Scott Dorsey

Edward Bridge wrote:
Assuming he has the math aptitude for Big E Engineering.

yes , he does.. . it was his math that got him the SAT score , ha ha , his
spelling and grammar is almost as bad as mine . lol .

1. MTSU

2. Just about any place with a good EE program and one or two people
interested in audio there. MIT and Georgia Tech are two that come
to mind on the east coast. CMU is an odd one since they have both
a decent EE program and a decent music program, and Cornell is also
in that category.

3. A Tonmeister program in Europe

4. McGill (in Canada)

james of tucson

On 2004-11-10, Edward Bridge wrote:

He can't leave New York , for reasons.

Parole violation? Rent control? Don't leave us hanging, Ed!

james of tucson

On 2004-11-10, Edward Bridge wrote:

He can't leave New York , for reasons.

Parole violation? Rent control? Don't leave us hanging, Ed!

Edward Bridge

atory.com...
On 2004-11-10, Edward Bridge wrote:

He can't leave New York , for reasons.

Parole violation? Rent control? Don't leave us hanging, Ed!

both. .lol . .He's got a four year old brother who would miss him. The
truth is, he could leave but I don't think he wants to. so what's a good
school In New York. ?

--
Peace,
Ed Bridge
Brooklyn N.Y.
http://www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com/

Edward Bridge

atory.com...

Ron Capik

On 2004-11-10, Edward Bridge wrote:

He can't leave New York , for reasons.

Parole violation? Rent control? Don't leave us hanging, Ed!

both. .lol . .He's got a four year old brother who would miss him. The
truth is, he could leave but I don't think he wants to. so what's a good
school In New York. ?

--
Peace,
Ed Bridge
Brooklyn N.Y.
http://www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com/

Hmmmm.... Just wondering, what ever became of RCA's [Manhattan] studio school?
Is it still out there in some incarnation? A few friends of mine went there (way
back)
in the 70's. Lost track of them and the school long long ago.

Later...

Ron Capik
NJ Pinelands Cultural Society
www.AlbrertHall.org

Ron Capik

atory.com...

Scott Dorsey

vatory.com...
On 2004-11-10, Edward Bridge wrote:

He can't leave New York , for reasons.

Parole violation? Rent control? Don't leave us hanging, Ed!

both. .lol . .He's got a four year old brother who would miss him. The
truth is, he could leave but I don't think he wants to. so what's a good
school In New York. ?

Well, Gabe, who probably knew more about recording than anyone I ever met,
went to Columbia...

Scott Dorsey

vatory.com...

Edward Bridge

"Ron Capik" wrote in message
Hmmmm.... Just wondering, what ever became of RCA's [Manhattan] studio

school?
Is it still out there in some incarnation? A few friends of mine went

there (way
back)
in the 70's. Lost track of them and the school long long ago.

Later...

Ron Capik
NJ Pinelands Cultural Society
www.AlbrertHall.org

Ron , you mean http://www.alberthall.org/

I don't know about RCA studios , I could'nt find them . .but I had to fix
your URL that you posted . .I'm from South Jersey and I enjoy looking at
all the pictures of your friends playing.
--
Peace,
Ed Bridge
Brooklyn N.Y.
http://www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com/

Ron Capik

Edward Bridge wrote:

"Ron Capik" wrote in message
Hmmmm.... Just wondering, what ever became of RCA's [Manhattan] studio

school?
Later...
...snip...
Ron Capik
NJ Pinelands Cultural Society
www.AlbrertHall.org

Ron , you mean http://www.alberthall.org/

I don't know about RCA studios , I could'nt find them . .but I had to fix
your URL that you posted . .I'm from South Jersey and I enjoy looking at
all the pictures of your friends playing.
--
Peace,
Ed Bridge
Brooklyn N.Y.
http://www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com/

Ooops, dyslexic typing...
As I recall RCA had two schools in Manhattan, one for studio techs
and one for electronics. The electronics school has become
TCI College.

www.AlbertHall.org