Ben Hanson

Default help with multiple input devices

Make that ABOUT IT

haha

"Ben Hanson" wrote in message
I have asked this on the Cubase group as well but I know that many of you
have experience with this so I thought I would throw it out there.

Is it possible to use the 8 inputs on a Delta 1010 and the 2 inputs on a

USB
Audiophile to record to 10 discreet tracks in Cubase, simultaneously? Both
of these devices have ASIO 2 drivers, and the PC hardware is top of the

line
(almost) as far as memory, processing, disks, etc., running a dedicated,
clean install of XP Pro.

We would be using the Insert jacks on the 10 channels as direct out's from
our Mackie board into the 10 inputs (8 and 2) on the two sound cards.

I know that Device Manager in Cubase lets you see multiple devices, I have
just never tried recording on multiple devices at the same time. In my

head
the only thing I can think of that would cause problems is synchronization
between the two sound cards? There's got to be a way to do it because
M-Audio supports up to 4 Delta 1010's in one PC. I called them but the

tech
support guy didn't seem to know much abou tit.

Also, any advice, tips, etc. from anyone's practical experience at
multi-tracking like this would be great.

-Ben