TheKeith

Default Help ID'ing mic plug?

I need to know what kind of mic and mic plug this is. Also, where can I
get an adapter so I can try it out?

http://home.nyc.rr.com/kpetrino/mic.jpg
and
http://home.nyc.rr.com/kpetrino/micplug.jpg

help would be appreciated--thanks.
TheKeith

hmm sorry, seems like my roadrunner service quit working. I'll have to
try and find a different server to put these on.
TheKeith

hmm sorry, seems like my roadrunner service quit working. I'll have to
try and find a different server to put these on.
TheKeith

here you go:

http://keithpetrino.com/micpics/mic.jpg
and
http://keithpetrino.com/micpics/micplug.jpg

thanks.

Kurt Albershardt

TheKeith wrote:
I need to know what kind of mic and mic plug this is.

The plug looks like a U-174/U (or TP-120) used in helicopters and some military aircraft.

where can I get an adapter so I can try it out

It mates with a TJ-120.

Scott Dorsey

TheKeith wrote:
here you go:

http://keithpetrino.com/micpics/mic.jpg

Looks like a dynamic dictation microphone. I can't read the letters on
the bottom, but that looks like a Shure logo on the front.

So what does the lettering say?

Did you look on
http://www.shure.com/datasheets/guid...continued.html at all?

You know, you're really being sneaky here giving us a photo with the
lettering unreadable.

http://keithpetrino.com/micpics/micplug.jpg

This is what is known as a NATO plug. I think the military designation
is PL-174, but if you ask for a NATO plug at your local avionics shop,
they'll know what you mean.

TheKeith

You can't get an adapter, but you can cut the plug off and wire it to
something that you can use. It's going to be up to you to identify the
wires though, if it's not obvious once you cut the cable.

The mic looks like one that came with a tape recorder from the 1950's.
I don't expect that it will have any saving graces unless you're after
that crappy, telephone-voice sound.

and I'm not. Thanks for the heads up.

Bryson

I have a couple of those that my neighbor who worked for General
Telephone gave me when I was a kid. They have standard 1/4" phone
plugs on them, so like Mike said, you could probably put any plug you
want on it. I haven't heard mine since having it daisey chained into
all of my band's gtr amps back in Jr.High ('74).....we thought it was
pretty bitchen then.

I've seen them on eBay touted as harmonica mikes.

But then..........

Pro tools Ilok Plug ins Mark Pro Audio 0 September 8th 04 07:41 PM
Pro tools Ilok Plug ins Mark Pro Audio 0 September 8th 04 07:41 PM
How to connect RCA Audio Plug to speaker wires? Jack3000 Tech 53 April 16th 04 06:30 PM
Plug Ins for Pro Tools? Healthy Stealthy ; Pro Audio 1 September 23rd 03 06:28 PM
How to record with Stereo mics that have one output plug? Liquori Pro Audio 0 July 8th 03 06:54 PM