Posted to rec.audio.pro
news.btinternet.com

Default M-Audio Delta 1010

Hi,

I have just received my new Delta 1010. The problem is that it doesn't
work - the power lights does not even light when I try to power it up.
Using a volt meter on the DC end of the PSU gives no reading so it looks
like a deas PSU. I have checked that the PSU "hums" so it isnt the fuse in
the plug (UK).

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Looks like I should get it exchanged.

Thanks

TS

Posted to rec.audio.pro
philicorda

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:00:00 +0000, news.btinternet.com wrote:

Hi,

I have just received my new Delta 1010. The problem is that it doesn't
work - the power lights does not even light when I try to power it up.
Using a volt meter on the DC end of the PSU gives no reading so it looks
like a deas PSU. I have checked that the PSU "hums" so it isnt the fuse
in the plug (UK).

I think the 1010 requires 9V AC power.
Test again with the meter on the AC setting.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

I had it once, and giving the rack a tap got it working again.
I think there is a relay that switches the power on in the rack when
the computer is powered up, and it had got stuck open.
You can normally hear it click when the computer is powered up.

Looks like I should get it exchanged.

Thanks

TS

Posted to rec.audio.pro
news.btinternet.com

"philicorda" wrote in message
news
[...]

Thanks, you are correct on both counts. The PSU produces AC and the unit
powers on when you power up the PC. You can hear the click and the relay
switches like you say.

You saved me a lot of bother and embarrasment!

Cheers