WOODWRKRz

Default Harman Kardon AVR-25 II: Powers up but no output to speakers or headphones, any simple solution?

Hi,
I have a Harman Kardon AVR-25 II Receiver which powers up but has no output to
the speakers or the headphones. The receiver is driving a pair of NHT ZERO's
speakers and I have never turned the volume control beyond 1/3. If anyone has
any suggestions for a simple fix I would love to hear it.
I must admit I am disappointed with this receiver. I have had several
pedestrian quality receivers e.g., JVC in the past which never failed and
after ponying up the dollars for what I thought would be a premium receiver iI
expected a better piece of equipment. I admit the receiver looks and sounds
quality but this is the second time I have had a problem with the unit. The
first time was just after the warranty expired and Harman Kardon was gracious
enough to provide the parts for free, but I was still left with a $140 labor
bill. I don't think the receiver is worth repairing now if it will cost me
$140 or more.
Sofie

WOODWRKRz:
No way to know what it will take to fix your Harman Kardon based on your
post. It could be an inexpensive fix or it could be uneconomical to repair.
To find out you should TAKE your receiver to a service shop to obtain at the
very least a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair
decision with facts instead of internet or telephone guesses.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

snipped:
"WOODWRKRz" wrote in message
[...]

Mark D. Zacharias

I've seen one or two HK's lately which only had a blown fuse or two.

Mark Z.

--
Please reply to Group. I regret this is necessary. Viruses and spam have
rendered my regular e-mail address useless.