Posted to rec.audio.car
FaxMeBeer

Default Disc Changer problem, may have broke it

I was hooking up a changer in my car, 12-disc FM modulated, and
accidentally yanked the remote cable out of the back of it after
everything was set up (I'm a bull/China cabinent type of guy). I put
the cable back into it's slot, but the unit is no longer working (main
unit gets power, but the remote/display unit doesn't power up). Anyone
know if it's more likely that the cable was damaged, or if the port in
the back of the player was? I'm going to run a continuity test on the
cable tomorrow (sick of it for tonight), but I thought this may be sort
of common. If the port itself is damaged, has anyone changed those out
before and if so, was it really difficult to find the parts? Last
thing...any idea what the voltage coming out of that port should be?

ac0j ac0j is offline
Junior Member

Location: Nebraska

If it a Pioneer, (and a few other brands are this way too) you have to unplug all the cables at the changer, and plug them in, in order from right to left (or left to right I dont remember, if it doesnt work try the other direction) This usually fixes the problem. Good luck!
Posted to rec.audio.car
Pious Audio

Thanks AC, I'm going to give that a shot in the morning. I've already
varified continuity through the remote cable (so I don't think I killed
that), and I've got voltage from the connection where the cable goes
in...so I think your solution may take care of the problem.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Pious Audio

Well, just so everyone would know -- there is a reset button right
under the carrier that has to be pushed when the wires are pulled out
unexpectedly. Since I'm not a fan of reading manuals, it took two days
to figure that out. Hell.