Bill Finch

Default Audition vs Cool Edit Pro

I've been using Cool Edit Pro (and Pro Tools) for a while. Does Audition
offer any advantage over Cool Edit Pro?

For what it's worth I'm cleaning up film sound and cutting custom tracks to
match what the video editor wants. I always start with mono or stereo sound
or music files. Some live, some ADR, some background ambients. I mostly cut
to length required plus remove unwanted clicks and pops and whatever. This
is all wild sound with no SMPTE timecode.
Cool Edit Pro seems OK for this. Does Audition offer any kind of advantage?

(I do all sync work is done with Pro Tools - not part of this question)

Bill Finch