berger

Default dream set

Hi,

I am trying to find out what would be the best audio system, or home
theatre. I would be very gratful, if you could help me to answer this
question.

thx

jacek

berger wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to find out what would be the best audio system, or home
theatre. I would be very gratful, if you could help me to answer this
question.

thx

jacek

There isn't one best system. What's your budget? How big a room are you
putting it in? What kind(s) of music do you like to listen to? What
kinds of media do you want to play (CD, DVD, SACD, DVD-A, vinyl, etc.)?
Do you want 2-channel or multi-channel? (Probably the latter, since you
mentioned home theater.)

Give us some answers, and we can start to advise you.

bob
Gary Eickmeier

berger wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to find out what would be the best audio system, or home
theatre. I would be very gratful, if you could help me to answer this
question.

The one that pleases you the most.

Gary Eickmeier
Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro

berger wrote:
I am trying to find out what would be the best audio system, or home
theatre.

1 - Something made by Meridian, probably:

http://www.meridian-audio.com/welcome.htm
http://www.meridian-audio.com/m_800_bro_intro.htm

You might have to add a SACD player from some other manufacturer as
I think Meridian doesn't support it (yet?).

2 - As the most differentiating aspect of modern hi-fi are the speakers,
I think a system using B&W Nautilus also qualifies as a dream set:

http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/...del%20Nautilus

I would be very gratful, if you could help me to answer this
question.

3 - If your question was meant more as a "real-world" question, I would
suggest:

- a universal player with i-link (e.g. Pioneer DV-757 Ai or Yamaha
DVD-S2500) or HDMI (Samsung DVD-HD945).

http://www.yamaha-online.de/products...hp?idprod=1181
http://www.mistergooddeal.com/v2/V2_...ib=touslesprix

- a receiver with i-link (e.g. Pioneer VSX-2014i, VSX-55TXi, VSX-AX5i-S,
VSA-AX10Ai-S, Yamaha RX-V4600, DSP-Z9 or RX-Z9 ) or HDMI (Yamaha RX-V4600).

http://www.yamaha.ca/av/Receivers/RXV4600B.jsp
http://www.yamaha.ca/av/Images/recei...V4600/rear.jpg

- The best speakers that you can then fit on the budget.

--
http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/

..pt is Portugal| `Whom the gods love die young'-Menander (342-292 BC)
Europe | Villeneuve 50-82, Toivonen 56-86, Senna 60-94
Jim Mauro

Are you aware that this is similar to asking "what is the best
automobile", or "what is the best place to live"?

In other words, it is an impossible question to answer,
because things like budget, personal preferences, use,
environment, etc, all factor in to the answer.

As someone else suggested, the best audio system is the
one that you enjoy listening to the most, that falls within
your budget, and fits within your environment, and works
within whatever use constraints may exist.

/jim