Mike Prager

Default Meridian G98 -- opinions?

The Meridian 800 series of CD/DVD players has gotten highly
favorable comments from r.a.h-e denizens. How about the next
line down, the G98? Is it worth a long trip to a dealer's to
audition?

The application is playing DVDs (mostly recitals or opera) and
CDs in a two-channel (for now) system. I'll be using it as a
transport into a Tact 2.2X, which reportedly is sensitive to
jitter on the input. I am looking for excellent sound quality;
a clear, readable display; mechanical quiet; and reliability.

Mike in NC
On the North Carolina coast