Eric

Default Infinity Alpha 50

I have the opportunity to pick up a NEW pair of discontinued Infinity
Alpha 50 speakers for $149 each, or $298 for the pair. My understanding
is that these speakers retailed for $499 each, or $998 for a pair.

I have read numerous reviews of these speakers, all overwhelmingly
positive. Some users complain of a weak low end, others say this
aspect of the speakers improves after they are "burned in", and still
others say bass response is fine.

So, what say you? Any Alpha 50 owners out there? Any complaints with
bass response after the speakers received adequate "burn in" ?? What
did Infinity change between the Alpha 50 and the Beta 50? The tweeter
placement is the only difference I can see. The specifications seem
almost identical.

The price of $149 each for these speakers (NEW) seems too good to
pass up. Comments?