Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Polk db400 as front speakers for a '95 renault twingo.

Hello, I have a '95 twingo, which seems to mount 4inch speakers at the
front. There are some ratty boss 6x9 behind, the previous owner took
off the HU, and there are no-name tweeters mounted over the dash, near
the left&right mirrors.

I'm buying something like a Pioneer deh-3850 for it, and planning on
using the polks as front speakers, feeding them from the HU. The front
tweeters will be ignored.

I'll use the FIE function of the pioneer HU (for what I've seen a low
pass filter selectable from 50-250 hz) on the rear speakers, using them
minimally for rear fill and bass. That'll get me thru until phase 2.

Phase 2: a small amp, and a high quality 8' or 10' sub between the
mounted 6x9s. If I find a 4-channel amp, power the polks from it. I'll
keep the 6x9 from the head unit, or unplug them.

The polks specifications are he
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SPjeh9B...400&i=107DB400.

I'm not interested in SPL, nor in booming bass, but I'd like to get as
much quality I can. Music clarity is a must. Off the top of my head, I
like Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Mecano, AC/DC, The Cure, Santana,
Clapton, Nirvana, Rammstein. Some classical and a gathering of jazz &
world music.

I'd prefer not to modify my car now; I'm not a handyman, and local
shops can be hit and miss.

Does this seem reasonable to you? Comments, suggestions, ideas, flames,
etc welcome!