Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default Ping: Graham

Before the holiday break, we were talking about
Pete Townshend, the Neve console, Eal Pie Island
etc etc.

I can't find the post, or even the thread. hence this Ping.

Pete Townshend did three gigs here in Scandinavia
during the summer, in Helsinki, Stockholm and Roskilde.
The weather at Roskilde was (as always) dreadful. But
at all three concerts, The Who played brilliantly. I had
reservations about paying to see a bunch of tired but
wealthy sixty year olds, but I had entirely misjudged them.
The performances were fresh and dynamic. It was
amusing to see a band of grandfathers singing "My
Generation" :-)

Keith Moon's place was taken by Zack Starr (Ringo's
son) who fitted the band like a glove on a hand. He had
clearly listened carefully to KM's interpretations, and
gave a very good account of himself. The crowd were
ecstatic

The Rolling Stones were in HKI just a couple of weeks
ago. They had just come from a private concert in Germany
organised by a bank for five hundred chosen guests. The
band's fee was Euro 4 million. Pretty expensive tickets:-)

I will be pleased to read your thoughts on the definition
of "dBm". Otherwise, the page is all but complete.

Regards
Iain