Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default I need car boom now how?

Man, a whole lot things comes to my mind when I read your message. First,
slang and other poor grammer is not exactly what we encourage around here.

But the biggest issue is your desire to bug your neighbors. You will find
MANY in this group who LOOOOVVVEEE BASSS!!! I myself am one with a pair of
15" subs and an Alpine Class D amp driving them. I also have three more amps
to drive everysingle speaker in my car including a seperate channel of
amplification for my tweeters, rear-fill, and midbass drivers (and like I
said an Alpine 1000 watt amp to drive my subs), making for a total of four
amps in my car. I DO have a ground pownder that can produce extreme levels
of bass, just the way I want it.

HOWEVER, you will find most folks on this group are very carefull not to
bother others with their large systems. I NEVER play my music loud in the
association I live in or through my small town. In fact, the only time I
can REALLY push my system is whn driving down a freeway. Anyway, although
I ADORE bass, I also a tmy have learned NOT to disrespect your neighbors or
ANYBODY else with your system, even if you can.

So I add this edditorial as annoying subwoofers are hated by MANY in power
and I have heard many rumors about making subs larger than 12'illegal and
MUCH tighter sound restrictions. I DO NOT ant these things to happen, but
bothering your neighbor is NOT what this group is about nor is it mature and
could POSSIBLY have negative reprecusions on the entire hobby. Like I said,
I know for a fact most here will agree with me (I have been heavily involved
with car audio for over 20 years.

NOW YOUR QUESTIOM:

Yes, you can use your factory seck and add a subwoofer. I have done this
myself for friends many, many times. Virtually all amps can accomodate
speaker level imputs (as well as low voltage RCA connections).

You just make a Y-out of two of the wires coming into your back speajers.
One pair of "Y''s will go to your back speakers, the OTHER set of Y's will
connect to your subwoofer system. Like I siad, this always works great for
me and DOES NOT require buying anything. The main requirement with a bass
amp is that the power cable MUST be connectd DIRECTLY to the battery. The
negative connection will, of course, attach to a clean, unpainted piece of
your car's chassis.

We have a GREAT FAQ that would ahev answered EVERYTHING I just said and
would STRONGLY advise reviewing it b/c there a ew about a million things to
consider when building a large system. The FAQ is at:

http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq/

This will answer 95% of your questions.

Good luck,MOSFET

Thee is another option

"Shaquifa" wrote in message
I got Sony 12" in my crib but ain't got **** in my car. Can't afford them
fly rigs you know. Cousin say unless I replace factory stereo I gotta add
power sub and **** "inline". How much do dat cost? Do I need wire cuters?

What I'm aksin is, how do I get that same boom from my apt. into my car so
I can **** off my white neybor when I drive in not just when I sit?

S.

I need car boom now how? Shaquifa Tech 9 December 27th 09 12:53 AM
Immigration Boom Towns are now Ka-Boom Towns BretLudwig Audio Opinions 0 October 27th 08 12:40 AM
Ka-boom! George M. Middius Audio Opinions 2 May 26th 06 08:02 AM
BABY WANT BOOM BOOM Joscelin Car Audio 0 May 31st 04 07:09 AM