Posted to rec.audio.pro
reqluq

Default audio to dvd burner

Hi, any suggestions on a free or other dvd audio burner? I want to take a
couple of my audio cds and burn 6 or so hours for continuos play on a dvd.
tia
req

Posted to rec.audio.pro
George Gleason

"reqluq" wrote in message
Hi, any suggestions on a free or other dvd audio burner? I want to take a
couple of my audio cds and burn 6 or so hours for continuos play on a dvd.
tia
req

I bought a dvd recorder(stand alone, not computer based)to archive my live
shows
only to discover that the "record" mode would not engage for audio only
it had to lock to a video sync signal b4 it would go to"record"
George

Posted to rec.audio.pro
reqluq

"George Gleason" wrote in message
ink.net...

"reqluq" wrote in message
Hi, any suggestions on a free or other dvd audio burner? I want to take a
couple of my audio cds and burn 6 or so hours for continuos play on a
dvd.
tia
req

I bought a dvd recorder(stand alone, not computer based)to archive my live
shows
only to discover that the "record" mode would not engage for audio only
it had to lock to a video sync signal b4 it would go to"record"
George

I was hoping for a software solution
req

Posted to rec.audio.pro
James Perrett

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:36:53 -0500, reqluq
wrote:

Hi, any suggestions on a free or other dvd audio burner? I want to take a
couple of my audio cds and burn 6 or so hours for continuos play on a
dvd.
tia
req

For maximum compatibility with the widest possible range of players you
ought to encode them as DVD video. You only need a single still frame for
the video part at low bit rate while upsampling the audio from 44.1 to
48kHz linear PCM. Did you get any burning software with your DVD drive? If
so, then take a look at it's video encoding/burning facilities.

Cheers

James.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
reqluq

news
wrote:

Hi, any suggestions on a free or other dvd audio burner? I want to take a
couple of my audio cds and burn 6 or so hours for continuos play on a
dvd.
tia
req

For maximum compatibility with the widest possible range of players you
ought to encode them as DVD video. You only need a single still frame for
the video part at low bit rate while upsampling the audio from 44.1 to
48kHz linear PCM. Did you get any burning software with your DVD drive? If
so, then take a look at it's video encoding/burning facilities.

Cheers

James.

Good idea, I'll give it a shot
thanks
req

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Matt Ion

wrote:

Hi, any suggestions on a free or other dvd audio burner? I want to take a
couple of my audio cds and burn 6 or so hours for continuos play on a
dvd.
tia
req

For maximum compatibility with the widest possible range of players you
ought to encode them as DVD video. You only need a single still frame for
the video part at low bit rate while upsampling the audio from 44.1 to
48kHz linear PCM. Did you get any burning software with your DVD drive? If
so, then take a look at it's video encoding/burning facilities.

Cheers

James.

Good idea, I'll give it a shot
thanks

Alternately, I've found any DVD player I've tried it on will support MP3
playback off CD-R/DVD-R... you should be able to get 50 hours or more of
MP3s at 320kbps onto a DVD, no messing around with resampling, PCM
format, etc.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0602-2, 01/11/2006
Tested on: 1/13/2006 12:58:38 AM