Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] spampup@aol.com is offline

Default 1998 BMW 328i HK stereo problem: Location of all components?

Hi, All,

I own a 1998 BMW 328i with the Harmon Kardon factory stereo upgrade.

This system has a switch on the console that turns on and off some kind
of spatial processing which boosts the bass and alters the "stereo
image" specifically for this model of car.

Recently I have had a problem where just the bass-boost and image
"processing" switches on and off intermittently, as if I was flipping
the switch. The system otherwise works fine, and the processing sounds
normal when it's working, so I know the problem is not a fuse or blown
component. I suspect a loose connector, but I don't know the location
of all of the components of the system.

I know about the in-dash head unit, of course, and the switch, but are
there separate amplifiers? Is there some kind of processing unit
separate from the head unit? Where would the various components be
located?

Thanks for any info or hints!

Ken

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Usually if there are amplifiers, it is located in the trunk on the drivers
side behind the molded panel

rec.audio.car FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (caution, this is HUGE) MOSFET Car Audio 0 June 18th 06 05:27 AM
It's amazing what you can find when you look. Audio Opinions 76 December 3rd 05 06:33 AM
Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Story of the poor car stereo Eddie Runner Car Audio 3 January 30th 04 04:52 PM