Chuck Whitford

Default 1979 Cadillac Eldorado Massive Install

I am soon going to be installing a 40,000 watt (yes 40,000) sound
system into my 1979 Cadillac Eldorado. I am consulting a professional
about the electrical system and about what needs to be done in order
to supply enough power for all my audio equipment. The guy who's
handling the electrical system says it's going to be very expensive to
modify the electrical system, but he insists it CAN be done. This
whole sound system install is going to be a massive project. This
system is going to be so loud, that anyone near me on the road is
going to think they are listening to a rock concert at a football
stadium! I am looking for suggestions on what else I should know or
look into before beginning the install.

Thanks,
Chuck
MZ

I am soon going to be installing a 40,000 watt (yes 40,000) sound
system into my 1979 Cadillac Eldorado. I am consulting a professional
about the electrical system and about what needs to be done in order
to supply enough power for all my audio equipment. The guy who's
handling the electrical system says it's going to be very expensive to
modify the electrical system, but he insists it CAN be done.

Even if it CAN be done (which I don't think is true for a car that you
intend to actually drive), WHY would you want to?

This
whole sound system install is going to be a massive project. This
system is going to be so loud, that anyone near me on the road is
going to think they are listening to a rock concert at a football
stadium!

Yeah, I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

Hopefully, nobody in this newsgroup will contribute to your willingness to
annoy. Please, folks, don't offer any advice to this numbskull.

Masterson

40,000 watts?

I, and everyone else, is very interested in hearing more
about this system. Could you please tell us what amplifiers
you will be using to get to that number?

"
I am soon going to be installing a 40,000 watt (yes 40,000) sound
system into my 1979 Cadillac Eldorado. I am consulting a professional
about the electrical system and about what needs to be done in order
to supply enough power for all my audio equipment. The guy who's
handling the electrical system says it's going to be very expensive to
modify the electrical system, but he insists it CAN be done. This
whole sound system install is going to be a massive project. This
system is going to be so loud, that anyone near me on the road is
going to think they are listening to a rock concert at a football
stadium! I am looking for suggestions on what else I should know or
look into before beginning the install.

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck Whitford

"MZ" wrote:

Hopefully, nobody in this newsgroup will contribute to
your willingness to annoy. Please, folks, don't offer any
advice to this numbskull.

That's the most hypocritical thing I've ever read in my entire life!
You're saying what I am trying to do is to "annoy", but in reality, a
lot of people in this newsgroup do practically the same thing. What
about those "bass heads" that roll down my street at 2:00 AM with
their three 15" subs blaring away?? Isn't that annoying? I have more
sense to even think about playing my system loud that late at night.
Did it ever occur to you that I may want to compete? Obviously it
hasn't...

MZ

Hopefully, nobody in this newsgroup will contribute to
your willingness to annoy. Please, folks, don't offer any
advice to this numbskull.

That's the most hypocritical thing I've ever read in my entire life!
You're saying what I am trying to do is to "annoy", but in reality, a
lot of people in this newsgroup do practically the same thing.

I'm sure some of them do. "He does it too!" doesn't negate the FACT that
you're intentionally trying to annoy people. Do you think that everyone
else wants to hear your ****ty music?

What
about those "bass heads" that roll down my street at 2:00 AM with
their three 15" subs blaring away?? Isn't that annoying?

Yes, that's annoying.

I have more
sense to even think about playing my system loud that late at night.
Did it ever occur to you that I may want to compete? Obviously it
hasn't...

No. You said "This system is going to be so loud, that anyone near me on
the road is going to think they are listening to a rock concert at a
football stadium!" You've already stated your intention. Now **** off,
troll.

Chuck Whitford

Right now, I am still deciding on the amps to install. All that's
decided at this time is the electrical system upgrade and the headunit.
The headunit I chose is the Clarion DRZ9255. I demoed a great deal of
headunits before I decided on the Clarion. My next step is to demo
amplifiers.

The install is going to be very time consuming. I have a friend who
used to be a car audio installer, and he and I will be working together
on this project on the weekends.

The rear seats are going to be removed so there will be room for the
amps and subwoofers. Amps will also be installed in the trunk area, and
possibly up front also. Custom speaker holes are going to have be cut.

A lot of time consuming work is going to have to be done, but I feel it
is well worth the time and money to accomplish this project. All the
people who make negative comments (MZ especially) about my project are
most likely jealous. I really don't care. It's not their car, time, or
money.

Masterson wrote:
40,000 watts?

I, and everyone else, is very interested in hearing more
about this system. Could you please tell us what amplifiers
you will be using to get to that number?

Colin Smith

Phoenix Gold makes a 10,000 wrms amp...you'd only need 4 to hit the mark.
Have fun!
Colin Smith

oups.com...

Masterson wrote:
40,000 watts?

I, and everyone else, is very interested in hearing more
about this system. Could you please tell us what amplifiers
you will be using to get to that number?

I love Edsels

............................snip.................. ...

The install is going to be very time consuming. I have a friend who
used to be a car audio installer, and he and I will be working together
on this project on the weekends.

The rear seats are going to be removed so there will be room for the
amps and subwoofers. Amps will also be installed in the trunk area, and
possibly up front also. Custom speaker holes are going to have be cut.

where do you live?

Sm704

How would you be able to stand it that loud? You will go deaf so fast
that you wont even be able to enjoy the system you spent so much time
and money on. Then you will probably get ticketed for playing your
system too loud. I'm not shooting down your idea, but you have to
admit, 40,000 watts is a little extreme. Anyone agree?