Default Sean Sez

Let's see how Ludovic spins this one:

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Harman International Industries, Incorporated 8500 Balboa Blvd., PO Box
2200, Northridge, CA 91329 (818) 893-8411

2.7 Blind versus Sighted Listening Tests

It is generally accepted among scientists that psychometric experiments must
be

performed double blind. For audio tests, this means the identities of the
components

under test cannot be made known to the listener, and the experimenter cannot
not directly

control or administer the actual test.

In 1996 Toole and Olive in [2] conducted some blind versus sighted
loudspeaker tests

that showed both experienced and inexperienced listeners' judgments were
significantly

influenced by factors such as price, brand name, size and cosmetics. In
fact, the effect of

these biases in the sighted tests were larger than any other significant
factors found in the

blind tests, including loudspeaker, position and program interactions. These
experiments

clearly show that an accurate and unbiased measurement of sound quality
requires that

the tests be done blind.

wrote:
[...]

Good, old NYOB discovers America. Yes, Sean Olive sensibly used double
blind
BUT NOT ABX.
Who's against double blind and motherhood when apropriate?
Copy from my posting to the High Priest Arny:
"Repeat : no quarrel with double blind comparison. It removes one
source of
bias. But to imagine that just because you listened double blind
you're
entitled to lay down a rule for me is nonsense. You're you with your
preferences, experience etc and I am I. There are many people whose
opinion
sighted I'd prefer to many others double blinded"
Like for instance....
Ludovic Mirabel

Robert Morein

Default Mikey lays a stinker

stunk in message
oups.com...

_______________________

[...]

Exactly right, Ludovic.
Stinky Mikey the mckelviphibian can't help stinking up the place.

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
[...]

Becuase they aren't needed for speakers.

Who's against double blind and motherhood when apropriate?

Most people would say you are.

Copy from my posting to the High Priest Arny:
"Repeat : no quarrel with double blind comparison. It removes one
source of
bias. But to imagine that just because you listened double blind
you're
entitled to lay down a rule for me is nonsense.

What ruel is that? The one where you shouldn't misrepresent the facts.

You're you with your
preferences, experience etc and I am I. There are many people whose
opinion
sighted I'd prefer to many others double blinded"
Like for instance....
Ludovic Mirabel

Something a bout a fool for a client....................

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

stunk in message
oups.com...

wrote:
[...]

Compared to you, I'm a breath of fresh air.

Robert Morein

Default mckelviphibian belches

link.net...

wrote:
[...]

Mikey, you can't breathe. You can only expel air from your bladder.
Keep your skin moist. It's important for adequate oxygen exchange.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

link.net...

wrote:
[...]

Perhaps you should pull your head out of your ass then.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

link.net...

wrote:
[...]

Mikey, when I read your posts, I feel as if I have my head up your ass.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

link.net...

wrote:
[...]

Always suspected there was something odd about you.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

link.net...

wrote:
[...]

Yes, Mikey, I am the cause of your abdominal distension.