Andy Katz

Default Power supply question

Hello everyone,

I see there's a Headroom Little for sale on e-bay with
Headroom's power supply upgrade (there's also a Naim headphone amp
with power supply, but it's not clear, even after asking the seller,
if the Naim can operate independent of a Naim pre-amp). That leads me
to wonder if and how such a power supply is better than simply
plugging a Headroom (I have a basic one I got used) into the amp's own
switched power supply.

And, if there is benefit to using an independent power supply,
wouldn't it better to buy one for the entire system rather than just
the headphone amp?

In particular I was looking at these:

But I know there are many others at various price levels. Would
plugging an integrated amp into a good power supply and then plugging
the Headroom (or any other unit) into the amp have the same effect,
assuming the power supplies are of comparable quality, as putting a
dedicated power supply into just the Headroom?

Andy Katz
Being lied to so billionaires can wage war for profits
while indebting taxpayers for generations to come, now
that's just a tad bit bigger than not admitting you like
the big moist-moist lips of chunky trollops on your pecker.

Paghat, the Rat Girl