Wes Jacson

Default TV7 tester Question

Howdy All,
Well traded for a TV7 today and I have been testing some tubes.I seem to
recall seeing that there was a formula for converting the scale reading to
micromhos.I did some surfing and I just did not get the right search phrase
I guess.I found a statement that new is 153% of min. Can anyone verify that
and or add their 2 cents.Guess it just might be time to buy the book by Alan
Douglas.I find some snipetts by him on the net and he seems pretty lucid.Ya
out there Mr Douglas?
Any way does not seem to have been the standard tube tester thead in
awhile.So let er rip.
WesJ.....

Chris Hornbeck

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:36:03 -0800, "Wes Jacson"
wrote:

Howdy All,
Well traded for a TV7 today and I have been testing some tubes.I seem to
recall seeing that there was a formula for converting the scale reading to
micromhos.I did some surfing and I just did not get the right search phrase
I guess.I found a statement that new is 153% of min. Can anyone verify that
and or add their 2 cents.Guess it just might be time to buy the book by Alan
Douglas.I find some snipetts by him on the net and he seems pretty lucid.Ya
out there Mr Douglas?
Any way does not seem to have been the standard tube tester thead in
awhile.So let er rip.

Here's an old one:

"From the TM 11-6625-274-12 Operator's and Organizational Maintenance
Manual. Page 18. Reading Meter. The following chart may be used to
convert the numerical value of the meter reading to mutual conductance
in micromhos.
Corresponding Value in micromhos
Meter Range B Range C Range D Range E
0 0 0 0 0
10 250 500 1250 2500
20 500 1000 1500 5000
30 750 1500 3750 7500
40 1000 2000 5000 10000
50 1250 2500 6250 12500
60 1500 3000 7500 15000
70 1750 3500 8750 17500
80 2000 4000 10000 20000
90 2250 4500 11250 22500
100 2500 5000 12500 25000
110 2750 5500 13750 27500
120 3000 6000 15000 30000

Hope it helps.
Chong in Va.

Good fortune,

Chris Hornbeck
Wes Jacson

Farout Chris!!!
Thank You,
I have been messing with it and have found it to fail a few tubes that test
ok,low,but ok on a couple other testers.And some tubes that were so so test
well within range on the Tv7. I figured it would be a brutal tester but it
seems to test well. It was gone through in dec 04 buy a fella in
Arizona.Came with a calibration report and parts installed list.Seems pretty
profesional.
I am going to download that manual tonight.I traded a bunch of icky old ham
tubes for it.And that is one less tool I need.Now i can sell those "other"
testers.
Have fun and Thanks Again
WesJ.....

wrote:

[...]

Alan Douglas

Hi,

It was gone through in dec 04 buy a fella in
Arizona.Came with a calibration report and parts installed list.Seems pretty
professional.

That would be Dan Nelson, who does excellent work. You can find all
the tube data that ever existed on Nolan Lee's "Redneck Boatanchor"
site:

http://www.acadiacom.net/nlee/

The TV7B is my tester of choice for day-to-day checking, much
easier than setting up one of the bigger machines or walking to the
other end of the cellar where the Cardmatic is.

73, Alan
cowboy

Hi,

It was gone through in dec 04 buy a fella in
Arizona.Came with a calibration report and parts installed list.Seems
pretty
professional.

That would be Dan Nelson, who does excellent work. You can find all
the tube data that ever existed on Nolan Lee's "Redneck Boatanchor"
site:

http://www.acadiacom.net/nlee/

Actually, Dan & I have updated Nolan's tube data spreadsheet extensively
over the last couple of years, including new tube entries and errors
corrected. Email me if you would like a copy.

cheers!

cowboy

Alan:
Just curious, why the TV7-B rather than the later D/U? Are there any
significant differences in circuit or features that make the B model
more desirable as an all around daily driver?
Roger in VT

Alan Douglas wrote:
Hi,

It was gone through in dec 04 buy a fella in
Arizona.Came with a calibration report and parts installed

list.Seems pretty
professional.

That would be Dan Nelson, who does excellent work. You can find

all
the tube data that ever existed on Nolan Lee's "Redneck Boatanchor"
site:

http://www.acadiacom.net/nlee/

The TV7B is my tester of choice for day-to-day checking, much
easier than setting up one of the bigger machines or walking to the
other end of the cellar where the Cardmatic is.

73, Alan

Alan Douglas

Hi,

Just curious, why the TV7-B rather than the later D/U? Are there any
significant differences in circuit or features that make the B model
more desirable as an all around daily driver?
Roger in VT

Mostly because that's what Fair Radio sent me when I ordered two
and asked for different models (the other was a plain TV7 made by
Supreme. The B is a Hickok). But I do like the particular 4-pin
socket in the B.

73, Alan